Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Thanks a lot. I'll be singing that stupid song in my head all day now[emoji35] Does anyone even drink pina coladas any more?

Only time I had legit ones was at an all inclusive and was drunk AF after drinking them all morning.

Haven’t had one since...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2018 at 10:35 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How's your ski season going??

Tonight’s my first night out. Had a knee issue that I sustained playing hockey this summer. Taking it slow to start the year. ACLs are a bitch. 

On 1/5/2018 at 11:41 AM, theprogram4 said:

snow totals are all over the place in chester county.  west chester and chadds ford (technically delco but right on the border) are both reporting 4.5 inches, yet marshallton which is 2 miles outside of west chester only got 1 inch.  deep southern chester county like oxford and nottingham only got a half inch.  very northern delaware only got like an inch as well.  malvern got 4 inches yet chester springs which is like 3 miles west only got an inch.

I work in Concordville (basically Chadds ford) and no fucking way they got 4.5. I live a mile from oxford and we had about 3. It was a weird storm to say the least. 

Just now, Kyle said:

Tonight’s my first night out. Had a knee issue that I sustained playing hockey this summer. Taking it slow to start the year. ACLs are a bitch. 

I work in Concordville (basically Chadds ford) and no fucking way they got 4.5. I live a mile from oxford and we had about 3. It was a weird storm to say the least. 

ya, the snow totals from that storm dont seem to be too accurate.  they said 4 inches for conshohocken but it seemed like alot more than that shoveling my driveway

Any predictions for snow quality Thursday through Monday? Below are my n00bish guesses. I hope I'm completely wrong. Steeze, can you weigh in with your expertise?

Thursday = super mashed potatoes by evening

Friday/Saturday = complete washout., fast snow

Sunday/Monday = extreme ice

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Any predictions for snow quality Thursday through Monday? Below are my n00bish guesses. I hope I'm completely wrong. Steeze, can you weigh in with your expertise?

Thursday = super mashed potatoes by evening

Friday/Saturday = complete washout., fast snow

Sunday/Monday = extreme ice

Do you actually watch the weather forecast and or have experience with ski conditions???  Thursday it's only gonna be in the 40s and it's January not gonna be extreme mashed potatoes..not enough warmth or traffic or sun angle for that. It doesn't go from solid to mashed potatoes that fast it's an entire transition could be some really nice corn snow.  It's not black and white there's a gray area. Friday is a monsoon although forecasts change a whole 60 hours out.  Saturday maybe a little lingering rain low crowds nice snow and Sunday icy death but that means the snow is fast and you can see if you need your edges sharpened or not.  I ain't tripping. Looks like a nice stretch of skiing and with the Jerrys and Salty anus's on the fence could be less than normal crowds for the doctor Martin Luther king junior holiday. I don't think it will be a white MLK day..sorry boys and girls I work that day anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you actually watch the weather forecast and or have experience with ski conditions???  Thursday it's only gonna be in the 40s and it's January not gonna be extreme mashed potatoes..not enough warmth or traffic or sun angle for that. It doesn't go from solid to mashed potatoes that fast it's an entire transition could be some really nice corn snow.

Thanks. I don't know when mashed potatoes form, but this is reassuring. I have a hard time making turns in them, and that caused me to full yard sale on a green run on hot cocoa day with Ski2Live and now he probably thinks I'm a gaper.

Edited by saltyant

Thanks. I don't know when mashed potatoes form, but this is reassuring. I have a hard time making turns in them, and that caused me to full yard sale on a green run on hot cocoa day with Ski2Live and now he probably thinks I'm a gaper.

Sometimes the mashed potatoes can have a small hole in them, but don’t ask Doug about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Get on some wide skis and go fast and use a lot of power in your turns and you should be just fine getting through the mashed potatoes..in a typical warmer ski season you're gonna encounter spring conditions a lot so might as well work on your mashed potato skiing. Get forward and power through them. 

170 length should be just fine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1