Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

22 hours ago, saltyant said:

Thanks. I don't know when mashed potatoes form, but this is reassuring. I have a hard time making turns in them, and that caused me to full yard sale on a green run on hot cocoa day with Ski2Live and now he probably thinks I'm a gaper.

That's a pretty gaper move, but at least you didn't sexually assault the potatoes. If I ski in the spring with GSS, remind me to bring my rape whistle. 

21 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Get on some wide skis and go fast and use a lot of power in your turns and you should be just fine getting through the mashed potatoes..in a typical warmer ski season you're gonna encounter spring conditions a lot so might as well work on your mashed potato skiing. Get forward and power through them. 

Word. You can't shove your turns in mushy snow. 

23 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Get on some wide skis and go fast and use a lot of power in your turns and you should be just fine getting through the mashed potatoes..in a typical warmer ski season you're gonna encounter spring conditions a lot so might as well work on your mashed potato skiing. Get forward and power through them. 

This is actually good advice.

54 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Absolute deluge outside. I'd be shocked if blue doesn't pull the plug on today

Today's weather is more like a butt plug..it's shitty. But at least short lived. I won't be surprised if it gets into the upper 60s today but look at the cold front in the midwest. 

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I guess I'll ski tomorrow.

The pow pow could be later in the day...stay tuned...NOAA is saying maybe a little early snow but mainly after 1pm..some on the accuweather forums are saying this could be a long duration event..one thing is for sure this will be all snow. 

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Oh boy this looks fantastic! Too bad I go back to work tomorrow, but maybe I should take Friday off and get the packed powder again while it lasts.

Good thinking. Friday will be the last day of packed powder..you wouldn't like powder..it's slow and requires effort like mashed potatoes. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Good thinking. Friday will be the last day of packed powder..you wouldn't like powder..it's slow and requires effort like mashed potatoes. 

Yeah, that's how today seemed to ski by afternoon. I only ski freshly groomed runs from now on.

• Confused 1