Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

41 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Pretty sure I'm in on a northern expedition tomorrow.

Nice.  Game day decision for me tomorrow.  Supposed to go to cardboard classic, so i bought a $9.33 tix, since i would be there anyways.  Plan B depending on how things look in the AM would be Elk.  My confidence level as to how this all pans out in snow in the Poconos is kinda low.  NY def looks like it could be good.  

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Nice.  Game day decision for me tomorrow.  Supposed to go to cardboard classic, so i bought a $9.33 tix, since i would be there anyways.  Plan B depending on how things look in the AM would be Elk.  My confidence level as to how this all pans out in snow in the Poconos is kinda low.  NY def looks like it could be good.  

Interested in joining?

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Elk is as far north as the Catskills. Could be good. 

Just now, toast21602 said:

Interested in joining?

Thanks for the offer, as much as i would like to go, my dog keeps me relatively close to home.  Anybody that could stop over and let him out will be at JF, and after that pretty much too drunk to let a dog out to do his business.   stupid drunks.  

55 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Jealous. Hope you guys have an uneventful drive up.

Thanks.  It's a easy ride to Belle.  NYS does a pretty good job on 28.  Getting stuck behind the plows for 30 miles and toast farting is my biggest concern.

49 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

There's a good chance you'll be dealing with wind holds tomorrow. Hopefully Tomahawk stays open. 

Tonight
A chance of rain before 10pm, then rain and snow likely between 10pm and 1am, then snow after 1am. Patchy fog after 10pm. Low around 31. Northeast wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible. 
Friday
Snow. Patchy fog before 4pm. High near 31. Windy, with a northwest wind 18 to 23 mph increasing to 24 to 29 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Hopefully the new Catskill Thunder gondubie stays open.
  • Like 2

Booked for the weekend. Looks like im driving up tomorrow. Roads should be fine, the Hudson Valley will be mostly rain. This storm is gonna be super elevation dependent. We're staying in Woodstock, so we probably won't even hit snow in town. 

Gonna be a choice between Hunter, Belleayre and Platty on Saturday to see who got the goods. Hopefully the rain changes over quick.

What's it doing in Albrightsville?  Looks like it's changed over at Camelback.  Winter wonderland at belleayre and hunter. 
Snow falling right now. White on the grass but nothing on the driveway or road. Who knows what will happen today but with it being warm out, I'm questioning the 5 to 10 inches... for here at least. But who knows. This is a weird storm. If JF or BB up the road are a degree or two cooler they could get slammed while we get nothing. Really depends how where you is teetering with the 32 degree number I guess.

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
What's it doing in Albrightsville?  Looks like it's changed over at Camelback.  Winter wonderland at belleayre and hunter. 

Snow falling right now. White on the grass but nothing on the driveway or road. Who knows what will happen today but with it being warm out, I'm questioning the 5 to 10 inches... for here at least. But who knows. This is a weird storm. If JF or BB up the road are a degree or two cooler they could get slammed while we get nothing. Really depends how where you is teetering with the 32 degree number I guess.

You're not gonna get nothing.  Temperatures are crashing everywhere.