Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Crick is a variant of creek originating in the U.S., where it reflects a dialectal pronunciation of the word for a small, shallow stream. Crick might be nonstandard, but it is established enough to be considered an alternative form, and it is even listed in some dictionaries. In writing, crick is often used to create a rustic tone.

Maybe its a Delco thing. 

Called it crick when I grew up in Lackawanna as well

33 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Crick is a variant of creek originating in the U.S., where it reflects a dialectal pronunciation of the word for a small, shallow stream. Crick might be nonstandard, but it is established enough to be considered an alternative form, and it is even listed in some dictionaries. In writing, crick is often used to create a rustic tone.

Maybe its a Delco thing. 

They say crick right on the Maryland border and delivery guy says it like that but he lives in Barto and is a country bumpkin. He calls dinner supper. 

• 3 weeks later...

Blue post this article on their Facebook to get excited. Unfortunately it’s from 2017 but last years prediction was right.  Let’s hope for an even colder and snowier winter this season. 

https://www.wmur.com/article/farmers-almanac-calls-for-cold-snowy-winter-for-northeast/12006890

• Like 1

Fuckin swampiest summer in VT since 1988.  I plan on doing some major grunt work and I get this. Fortunately, all the hard labor is done, framed out a wood shed and roofed it. All I need is a pizza oven and hot tub, and I'll never leave this house again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moe ghoul said:

Fuckin swampiest summer in VT since 1988.  I plan on doing some major grunt work and I get this. Fortunately, all the hard labor is done, framed out a wood shed and roofed it. All I need is a pizza oven and hot tub, and I'll never leave this house again.

I’m surprised you don’t have a hot tub already.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

In Allentown it’s rained 41 of the last 75 days. If this holds true this winter we are gonna be titties deep in Perder.  They closed the cedar beach pool in Allentown for the season already because it keeps flooding. Great idea build a 3.1 million dollar pool in a flood zone 

ok.

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m surprised you don’t have a hot tub already.  

I used the tub at Smuggs. I picked up the summer pass for 99$ and it gives me access to all the amenities. However, the last few days I went over I took a pass on the tub. It was foamy with brown scummy shit collecting on the sides, basically dead skin, body oils and leftover soap or shampoo. People don't rinse off before they go in.  I did go down the water slide a few times, felt like Luge.

3 hours ago, moe ghoul said:

I used the tub at Smuggs. I picked up the summer pass for 99$ and it gives me access to all the amenities. However, the last few days I went over I took a pass on the tub. It was foamy with brown scummy shit collecting on the sides, basically dead skin, body oils and leftover soap or shampoo. People don't rinse off before they go in.  I did go down the water slide a few times, felt like Luge.

I don’t do public hot tubs...I stopped going in my parents jacuzzi when I saw pubes floating in it.  They were probably my pubes but still. 

Lots of people on the trail were saying that PA on the trail was insane. They were holding their packs above their heads chest deep in water trying to cross some streams.

Also, the leaves are changing at Plattekill. How they looking up there in the Pokes JFskiDan?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

during heavy rain like last night, i love to turn off the A/C, open all the windows, and listen to the pouring rain.  its soothing

I agree. We did the same. It was cool enough to have windows open and I'll probably leave them open for a while now.

• Like 2