Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

51 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

We could just get reckless drunk in the parking lot and re-paint the van.  I do realize it's a terrible idea, especially for @Shadows, but the entertainment value of that day would be priceless.

I hope you get reckless drunk a few times this season at Blue.  I miss drunken root. 

New page whoop whoop. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

We could just get reckless drunk in the parking lot and re-paint the van.  I do realize it's a terrible idea, especially for [mention=270]Shadows[/mention], but the entertainment value of that day would be priceless.

Why do I envision it looking like this afterwards?
b4283f48602bdf4ebee2e53ce6bbbeed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RootDKJ said:

We could just get reckless drunk in the parking lot and re-paint the van.  I do realize it's a terrible idea, especially for @Shadows, but the entertainment value of that day would be priceless.

I'm in.  Shadows will have the bestest most coolest van ever.  Will need to rename the company A-Team Powerwash.  Think about it.  Alphabetically it would come up first.....not sure if thats really relevant these days with internet search.  Seriously, anybody that sees the van, would remember the van, and remember the name on the van.  Win-win.  

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a powerwashing crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Palmerton underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as powerwashers of fortune. If you have some powerwashing, if no one else can get it clean, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Shadows said:

Yea these things are sweet. Paid 3k for mine. 120k mi awd. Couldnt pass that up. Super clean too

Im really trying to hold on to mine but right now id rather have one new good van. I want to get rid of these two vans this winter i think. Ill prob be calling you eventually

there is a cult following for them.  i have never seen a more sought after pre-owned vehicle since i started.  let me know when you are ready!

24 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

there is a cult following for them.  i have never seen a more sought after pre-owned vehicle since i started.  let me know when you are ready!

Trade in value for an A-Team Astro van would be off the charts then.  Again, Shadows, win-win.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Why do I envision it looking like this afterwards?
b4283f48602bdf4ebee2e53ce6bbbeed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny, because after I posted it, I had the exact same mental image of the results (note: this is before JFDan took over management of the project).

• Like 1

You can probably ride killington for free since you’re a ski patroller at sugarbush. 

I could probably do it one or two times a season. Often times it’s not much more expensive on the 2 for 1 than it is for the case of beer... It’s probably more worth it during mid-season.

If temperatures cooperate they have serious firepower.  I’ve been to okemo at thanksgiving when there were 30+ runs open..

Okemo has a pretty impressive system. They also have a unique mindset on when to open terrain. Many resorts in VT will open with minimal coverage but keep the guns on to add to snow depth. However, Okemo will often move to another trail as soon as they have the basic requirements in order to boost trail counts. I’ve seen many trails there littered with snirt and rocks trying to push it too hard too fast.

Sunday River probably has the best ability to open terrain quickly when the temps cooperate. 30 trails with decent depth is standard by Thanksgiving when temps cooperate. They also straddle several different peaks so the crowds are better dispersed.

Killington used to be the undisputed king of expansion by Thanksgiving, but as stated above, that has taken a serious hit with the World Cup. Now they might have 15 trails open plus the WC, whereas they used to have close to 40 with the possibility of Killington Peak, Snowdon, and Ramshead open by then. I’ve seen many articles written on the WC at Killington, and surprisingly, for all the money and effort they put into it, they barely profit. It mostly serves as an expensive advertisement. Much like biker weekend or car weekend in OC MD, it brings people to the area, and fills restaurants, bars, and hotels, but it doesn’t put many people on the slopes. They have been getting grants to help offset the cost. I’d rather have better terrain open for my pass holders (they get shafted the most from the WC), but they must have it figured out.

29 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Okemo has a pretty impressive system. They also have a unique mindset on when to open terrain. Many resorts in VT will open with minimal coverage but keep the guns on to add to snow depth. However, Okemo will often move to another trail as soon as they have the basic requirements in order to boost trail counts. I’ve seen many trails there littered with snirt and rocks trying to push it too hard too fast.

Sunday River probably has the best ability to open terrain quickly when the temps cooperate. 30 trails with decent depth is standard by Thanksgiving when temps cooperate. They also straddle several different peaks so the crowds are better dispersed.

Killington used to be the undisputed king of expansion by Thanksgiving, but as stated above, that has taken a serious hit with the World Cup. Now they might have 15 trails open plus the WC, whereas they used to have close to 40 with the possibility of Killington Peak, Snowdon, and Ramshead open by then. I’ve seen many articles written on the WC at Killington, and surprisingly, for all the money and effort they put into it, they barely profit. It mostly serves as an expensive advertisement. Much like biker weekend or car weekend in OC MD, it brings people to the area, and fills restaurants, bars, and hotels, but it doesn’t put many people on the slopes. They have been getting grants to help offset the cost. I’d rather have better terrain open for my pass holders (they get shafted the most from the WC), but they must have it figured out.

i think what Okemo has done in the past may not necessarily be what happens this year.  It should be interesting.  

Close to 3 months until BB probably has something open.

About 2 months until Killington opens.

They are going to have to open early this year if I’m making it in October. I’ve got a cruise planned the last couple days of October and early November.

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Close to 3 months until BB probably has something open.

About 2 months until Killington opens.

They are going to have to open early this year if I’m making it in October. I’ve got a cruise planned the last couple days of October and early November.

Where are you cruising to??