Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow nice...are you only going to be in denver???  Please post on your airline adventures...

Yep. Only from Sunday to Wednesday, and Sunday is the only day I'll potentially get to do anything. Flying Delta and not American so everything should be A-Ok.

41 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Have fun. How early are you getting in Sunday??

11:30 am, which will undoubtedly become 11:30 pm at the earliest. If I get there on-time I plan to rent a car for one day and drive up into the mountains, but not sure exactly where. The high for Denver is 45 so it will be quite cold.

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

11:30 am, which will undoubtedly become 11:30 pm at the earliest. If I get there on-time I plan to rent a car for one day and drive up into the mountains, but not sure exactly where. The high for Denver is 45 so it will be quite cold.

The closest high mountain place to go would be Loveland Pass about 60 miles west of Denver...

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Normally I'd recommend Estes Park, but you've been there before. I guess it wouldn't hurt to visit that area and RMNP again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Next week I'm going to Denver for work. Hoping to see some snow on the Rockies since I've only been there in the summer.

YOu will see snow on the peaks for sure.  I would rather have 15 degrees and sunny then 40 degrees and raining.  Hate this freaking weather.  Or it could just turn to snow, that would be better.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Barb said:

YOu will see snow on the peaks for sure.  I would rather have 15 degrees and sunny then 40 degrees and raining.  Hate this freaking weather.  Or it could just turn to snow, that would be better.

You can test if your outerwear is waterproof in today’s weather. It’s misty here and 68 degrees. Tomorrow it’s supposed to be back in the 80s and sticky and moist. 

14 hours ago, saltyant said:

Forecast for Denver. Sunday is the only day I have to do anything. Boo.

image.png.c3d4fa6d28b4924680c6f59511c77b6e.png

Why the fuck are you hating on snow?  I'd be thrilled to see flakes falling right now.  Major pre-season stoke.  

Saw that Maine might get some snow this weekend.  Very exciting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, indiggio said:

If I was in Denver, I'd be driving up to the mountains to check out the snow!

Right?  Maybe try to do some garbage bag/can sledding?  Whatever I could improvise to slide around on some snow would be my goal.

• Like 2

Snow is super stoke worthy but driving might be treacherous. How will a small economy rental car handle the steep grades of the Rockies? Will I need to put chains on the tires? That cold mountain air sounds frostbite inducing, hope I can maintain dryness of my socks and A Christmas Story hat. So stoked! 

22 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Snow is super stoke worthy but driving might be treacherous. How will a small economy rental car handle the steep grades of the Rockies? Will I need to put chains on the tires? That cold mountain air sounds frostbite inducing, hope I can maintain dryness of my socks and A Christmas Story hat. So stoked! 

Rent an SUV and no chains needed. 

• Thanks 1