Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

14 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Rain today.  Rain tomorrow.  Rain friday.  Cant get enough of it!!!  i thought it might never rain!!!

good news is, i have been reading about temperatures really cooling off.  Next week for the Poconos below.  Heading in the right direction.  I still need to manage my leaves though.  I hate wet leaves.  

image.png.38ed2486f849a1176535a8c6edc945c4.png

Spent about 8 hours total this past weekend getting the matted leaves up out of the lawn.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Spent about 8 hours total this past weekend getting the matted leaves up out of the lawn.

I blow them kind of into a pile in different areas of the lawn, then take my neighbors mulching mower and mulch the piss out of them.  This works really well when they are dry.  This works like ass when they are wet.  I have a feeling they will be wet this weekend.  i really hate having un-managed leaves around before it snows.  

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I blow them kind of into a pile in different areas of the lawn, then take my neighbors mulching mower and mulch the piss out of them.  This works really well when they are dry.  This works like ass when they are wet.  I have a feeling they will be wet this weekend.  i really hate having un-managed leaves around before it snows.  

We're lucky in that we're surrounded by woods, so I can just blow them to the edge of the woods depending on which direction the wind is blowing.

We're unlucky in that we're surrounded by woods because every fall I have a ton of leaves to blow from the yard.

Regardless, I kinda enjoy blowing leaves, except for the time it takes me to do it and the pain in my arm from doing it. 
By the end of 4 hours of the same back/forth movement of my right arm, it's quite painful to do any different moves.
Otherwise it's just put on the headphones and get outside so I get used to being out in the cold and wind again.

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

We're lucky in that we're surrounded by woods, so I can just blow them to the edge of the woods depending on which direction the wind is blowing.

We're unlucky in that we're surrounded by woods because every fall I have a ton of leaves to blow from the yard.

Regardless, I kinda enjoy blowing leaves, except for the time it takes me to do it and the pain in my arm from doing it. 
By the end of 4 hours of the same back/forth movement of my right arm, it's quite painful to do any different moves.
Otherwise it's just put on the headphones and get outside so I get used to being out in the cold and wind again.

i am surrounded by trees as well in the poconos, but its a chore to blow them all to the back yard, to get them into the woods.  plus i hate having the huge pile of leaves to look at.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, indiggio said:

How big is your yard?  

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you don’t rake and just leave the leaves it just ruins the grass right??  I had to rake as a kid.  I can’t believe I never thought to buy a leaf blower. 

Ongoing debate.  I think if you get some leaves and you're not in or surrounded by woods, you probably don't need to rake, unless you got a big, bad tree.
Being surrounded by woods with very large, mature trees, we get so many leaves that cover the lawn like a blanket and would kill the lawn.
The first couple years here I only had a home-gamer electric leaf blower.  There was no way it could keep up and so I left the leaves.  Nearly killed the lawn.
Now I've got a Stihl BR-600 backpack blower that almost blew me backwards down the deck stairs the first time I used it.

We have a 2 acre lot, about 3/4 acre of grass.

My place is all mature oak trees that I have to clean up after many times every fall. I have two hand held blowers and a 5 horse walk behind blower. I am lucky in that my property slopes to the creek and the prevailing western wind blows toward the creek. Blowers weren't an option when I was young, we used to rake every thing. I still have a home made wooden rake that is 6 feet wide with 12 inch tines and a 7 foot handle that I can move large hip deep piles with. Back then we could burn so we made a long pile in the driveway that circles my house and burned them. Now burning is not allowed. which I am ok with because I burned once or twice as an adult and was in fear of all the glowing embers flying into the air threatening to land on the roof. I have a system of using blue tarps and an ATV with a trailer to put them in the creek for right around my house, takes about 3 hours. On the lower half of the property I can blow all of the leaves directly into the creek which takes another 3 hours. I always end up doing large parts of three neighbors properties because their leaves end up on my place anyway. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

I don't have to clean up leaves...my house is surrounded by conifers....no deciduous trees...

I have a bunch of white pines on a hill.  I have to blow their needles back under them or they will surely kill the grass they bunch up on.

Edited by indiggio

20 hours ago, indiggio said:

Ongoing debate.  I think if you get some leaves and you're not in or surrounded by woods, you probably don't need to rake, unless you got a big, bad tree.
Being surrounded by woods with very large, mature trees, we get so many leaves that cover the lawn like a blanket and would kill the lawn.
The first couple years here I only had a home-gamer electric leaf blower.  There was no way it could keep up and so I left the leaves.  Nearly killed the lawn.
Now I've got a Stihl BR-600 backpack blower that almost blew me backwards down the deck stairs the first time I used it.

We have a 2 acre lot, about 3/4 acre of grass.

That Stihl backpack blower is what I use at TLCITW. So powerful it makes cleanup a breeze ;-) 

• Like 1