Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

45 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Unlikely without a long-term chance to open. Maybe just to say that they did and check the system...

With no warm weather in the long term forecast and short daylight hours they’ll blow every chance they get.  Root Friday especially with it being so early this year would be a dream..the following weekend would be great..December 7th is about when I would expect them to open weather permitting and anything later and I’ll start getting antsy like in 2015

• Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

With no warm weather in the long term forecast and short daylight hours they’ll blow every chance they get.  Root Friday especially with it being so early this year would be a dream..the following weekend would be great..December 7th is about when I would expect them to open weather permitting and anything later and I’ll start getting antsy like in 2015

Ok.

We're lucky in that we're surrounded by woods, so I can just blow them to the edge of the woods depending on which direction the wind is blowing.
We're unlucky in that we're surrounded by woods because every fall I have a ton of leaves to blow from the yard.
Regardless, I kinda enjoy blowing leaves, except for the time it takes me to do it and the pain in my arm from doing it. 
By the end of 4 hours of the same back/forth movement of my right arm, it's quite painful to do any different moves.
Otherwise it's just put on the headphones and get outside so I get used to being out in the cold and wind again.

I blow them on to the lawn then run a lawn mower over them. But to Dan's point it actually needs to quit raining in order for that to work. My Brother in law was in from California all last week and it was miserable outside. Felt terrible for him.

Wow wow it’s cold out so I turned on Christmas music...37 degrees and windy..I was just wearing shorts the other day.  Time for blue to turn on the lights and blow the mice out of the guns tonight and go for a snowmaking assault mid week...I just want to ski locally before I’m roasting chestnuts on an open fire which would likely lead to third degree burns...

On 11/10/2017 at 12:48 PM, saltyant said:

Not sure why people hate on CB all the time here. Sure, it's a crowded hell hole filled with Jersey gapers on weekend afternoons. But go early morning or late afternoon, it's fantastic. Both high speed lifts get you up 800 feet in 3.5 minutes, and you have lots of trails to choose from with variety. They had all 37 trails open nearly the entire winter last year, something that could not be said for Montage.

Is it an Elk Mountain? No. Elk is the best for terrain, scenery and snow quality hands down in NEPA. But the lifts are slow, and it's expense as hell. So CB it is for me this year.

Wow first post ever almost exactly 365 days ago to the minute.

You get antsy for bonus skiing? I would only get antsy if it was past the normal timeframe for opening...

2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

You get antsy for bonus skiing? I would only get antsy if it was past the normal timeframe for opening...

Later than December 7th I get antsy..it’s nice when Blue is open for a couple weeks before the holidays.  Those years they don’t open until near Xmas it’s busy right from the start everyday. When they open early can have some quiet days. We’ve had lazy mile one in November before and I’ve skied pow pow in PA VT and MT in October..yeah I get antsy..but not antsy enough to drive 5+ hours for WROD. 

We just had a hard freeze. I really hope everybody has brought in their tropical plants and pets.  This is no weather for a Palm tree or an iguana.