Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Jackson hole is the only trip I do where others are welcome.  The one year atomic Jeff tried to go on my skifari in Colorado and I said No Way

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Jackson hole is the only trip I do where others are welcome.  The one year atomic Jeff tried to go on my skifari in Colorado and I said No Way

I wonder how salty would do at Jackson Hole.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, zzslope said:

I wonder how salty would do at Jackson Hole.

I've reviewed the trail map and not sure I have the ability to ski at JH. I stick to well groomed blue and black runs. I dont do trees because I have no clue how to turn in the deep stuff. Though I'd like to get back to JH some day to eat at Nastar Glen's favorite German alpine themed restaurant again.

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I've reviewed the trail map and not sure I have the ability to ski at JH. I stick to well groomed blue and black runs. I dont do trees because I have no clue how to turn in the deep stuff. Though I'd like to get back to JH some day to eat at Nastar Glen's favorite German alpine themed restaurant again.

Jackson only grooms two black runs...just keep skiing a lot and I bet by the end of this season you’ll be a solid low intermediate skier

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It’s just cause whiteface receives significantly less natural snow than northern Vermont. You should go back I think it’s been about 8 years since you’ve been there. 

I wasn’t the biggest fan of Whiteface, but I’m definitely not hating on it. I would go back again. I still prefer Gore, but that’s just personal preference.

I remember when you used to go to Stowe/Sugarbush every year. I always enjoyed those TR’s. Several were before I was at SR, and you always seemed to get it on good snow days. I was always jealous.

Salty, if you’re looking for a new place in VT, you probably want to check out Sugarbush last. We just aren’t a groomer type mountain. Lots of fun in the trees and bumps, but grooming is definitely at a minimum on overall terrain.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I wasn’t the biggest fan of Whiteface, but I’m definitely not hating on it. I would go back again. I still prefer Gore, but that’s just personal preference.

I remember when you used to go to Stowe/Sugarbush every year. I always enjoyed those TR’s. Several were before I was at SR, and you always seemed to get it on good snow days. I was always jealous.

Salty, if you’re looking for a new place in VT, you probably want to check out Sugarbush last. We just aren’t a groomer type mountain. Lots of fun in the trees and bumps, but grooming is definitely at a minimum on overall terrain.

I always get a lot of pow days cause I’m savvy as fuck and don’t sleep in...it’s like a blind man on a nude beach..not that hard wahahahaha 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Im thinking Jay's Peak or Stowe again. Though probably Jay's since I havent been there and they got lots of deep powder. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

supposedly this is the "new gfs model" for next Sunday.  Fresh pow on Vista!  Be neat if this confirms.  

No automatic alt text available.

Yeah I’ve been watching the discussion on this ramp up. It looks like the cold air will be in place. Any northern shift could bring us rain, though. 

5 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Although it seems to be working for others, the pic isn't working for me. Whats the forecast?

What, are you taking cell phone lessons from Salty?  Turn your jitterbug up.  

It shows a healthy batch of snow for next Sunday.  But, right now its just something to watch and dream about.  Its over a week away, and like Toast said, shift north, and break out the canoe.  I saw something this morning about the 5th-6th too, but we shall see.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

What, are you taking cell phone lessons from Salty?  Turn your jitterbug up.  

It shows a healthy batch of snow for next Sunday.  But, right now its just something to watch and dream about.  Its over a week away, and like Toast said, shift north, and break out the canoe.  I saw something this morning about the 5th-6th too, but we shall see.  

Hahaha no no. Oddly that picture doesn't work on my work laptop but worked on my cell phone. Must have something to do with our social media blockers. weird...

Ill cross my fingers for a healthy batch of snow...