Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

And will likely get less than that... 

Thats what i'm banking on.  So many people with their fronto-genesis big fucking snow at first numbers.  Believe it when i see it.  Why would this storm put down some snow when all the others previously have done shit?  

the thing that sucks with this storm is all timing.  Timing sucks to ski, at least for anybody with any kind of drive, and probably trying to get home from work tomorrow will be a complete shit show like it was in November.  Homey dont play that.(again)  i'm either staying home to PASR all day long, or leaving work really early.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Then rain and 50' Thursday.

Sounds like Pennsylvania weather..there might be a short good window at Blu in the afternoon.  I’ll stay tuned.  I’d rather it start snowing very early morning so I can just call off work.  I’m not that happy about 10am start time but things will change.  I know last weeks storm began several hours later than forecast. 

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Thats what i'm banking on.  So many people with their fronto-genesis big fucking snow at first numbers.  Believe it when i see it.  Why would this storm put down some snow when all the others previously have done shit?  

the thing that sucks with this storm is all timing.  Timing sucks to ski, at least for anybody with any kind of drive, and probably trying to get home from work tomorrow will be a complete shit show like it was in November.  Homey dont play that.(again)  i'm either staying home to PASR all day long, or leaving work really early.  

Funk Dat!!! And Fuck the weather disco people...Nerds!! Frontogenesis sounds like either a dinosaur or a Genesis spin-off gotta love Phil Collins and Peter gabrial

7499A306-1130-426C-9B27-53A22E73C11B.gif

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sounds like Pennsylvania weather..there might be a short good window at Blu in the afternoon.  I’ll stay tuned.  I’d rather it start snowing very early morning so I can just call off work.  I’m not that happy about 10am start time but things will change.  I know last weeks storm began several hours later than forecast. 

I was thinking the same.  The 10am start time really hoses up everything.

I don't want to waste an entire vacation day, but I also don't want to just take the afternoon and get just a couple of hours then crap.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The weather forums are showing frontogenetical forcing could give a nice solid front end thump to the area..looking like sleep later in the afternoon.  4-6” would be nice to see...followed by some crust..followed by rain..followed by warmth and more rain this weekend.  

Fucking PA weather really ticking me off this year!

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, poconoceancity said:

Looking back on the last 11 winters that we spent 12/26-2/18 in the pokes on weekends this has been the worst for snow conditions on and off the hill.

18 hours ago, saltyant said:

This season has sucked conditions wise. I can count the times I got to ski on packed powder on one hand... and that includes my CO trip. At least the resorts had enough cold to get all their trails open, though.

As a refresher, last year at this time the base was so skimpy we were unsure if the PA skison would last past the first weekend in March. We are now at 100% open with a nice base and snow in the forecast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Kinda hard to compare this year to last at this point. But as a refresher last year they were 100% open earlier, and to this date, i would bet we had more snow, and not the bullshit snow/sleet/freezing rain/rain. I do remember the late feb warm up too, but we had some skeet spots in like december too. We have had a metric shit ton of rain this year. This could all change over the next month, so like i said, kinda hard to say this year is better than last. So far, i think last year was better.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Funk Dat!!! And Fuck the weather disco people...Nerds!! Frontogenesis sounds like either a dinosaur or a Genesis spin-off gotta love Phil Collins and Peter gabrial

I laughed out loud at this during dinner. You're on a roll with entertaining posts today, keep up the good work. Thanks for that your friend saltyant.

• Confused 1