Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

3 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Knoebels opening day is what I look forward to in the spring, although it’s been a shit show with the word of the BOGO getting out

I heard knoebels is good because there’s not as much riff raff as Downey and 6 flags.  Sadly I haven’t been on a roller coaster since 2010.  I should go to an amusement park this summer. 

28 minutes ago, Schif said:

Where do you go saltwater fishing? 

Mostly south Jersey...I spend a lot of time fishing Ocean City through Cape May Point, and also fish Long Beach Island a bit.  Sometimes I'll hit spots further north like Manasquan, Spring Lake, etc.  but South Jersey tends to be less crowded and I know some back bay spots that almost always hold fish.

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I heard knoebels is good because there’s not as much riff raff as Downey and 6 flags.  Sadly I haven’t been on a roller coaster since 2010.  I should go to an amusement park this summer. 

Knoebels is a nice low key amusement park in a rural setting with lots of trees and cricks and streams as you city slickers call them. Free admission is great and you can just walk around and get food and go on a couple rides.

3 minutes ago, Schif said:

Knoebels is big on letting you bring your own food. This has the makings of a PASR Day

Was going to suggest it but assumed the idea would get shut down. They probably dont let you tailgate in the parking lot. They wouldn't even let me ride my bike thru the lot, I was supposed to walk it to the road which was absurd (I didnt).

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Was going to suggest it but assumed the idea would get shut down. They probably dont let you tailgate in the parking lot. They wouldn't even let me ride my bike thru the lot, I was supposed to walk it to the road which was absurd (I didnt).

Wow that is a cool story do you have anymore. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow that is a cool story do you have anymore. 

Dozens. If you invite me to the skifari I'll sit by you on the plane and tell you stories for the entire duration of the flight, including taxiing from and to the gates and during boarding/deplaning.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Dozens. If you invite me to the skifari I'll sit by you on the plane and tell you stories for the entire duration of the flight, including taxiing from and to the gates and during boarding/deplaning.

Cool I just got a big cash order today we can fly first class on Southwest Airlines and eat at the place with make your own steaks.  

FBD00746-E6D3-434B-933C-75F1897752AF.jpeg

• Like 1

Knoebels is the shit. They probably won't let you tailgate in the lot because their lot is essentially a big grassy field surrounded by trees. Place is fantastic.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, saltyant said:

They don’t let you tailgate in the lot, but they do let you cook food on gas grills (provided by them) with propane (provided by them) at picnic tables under covered pavilions. No alcohol in the park tho, I think also prohibited at the pavilions. Allowed at your campiste in the attached campground though. 

Knoebels has enough food options that I wouldn’t waste time tailgating there, although we used to grill a big party on Friday night when a large group of us from rec.roller-coaster used to camp there the Friday before Phall Phunfest:

7B4EDFC6-0455-4BC3-B98A-4EE64345E73F.jpeg

C0D6E74D-19EA-4FD4-A092-4D0B34AB432D.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

They don’t let you tailgate in the lot, but they do let you cook food on gas grills (provided by them) with propane (provided by them) at picnic tables under covered pavilions. No alcohol in the park tho, I think also prohibited at the pavilions. Allowed at your campiste in the attached campground though. 

Knoebels has enough food options that I wouldn’t waste time tailgating there, although we used to grill a big party on Friday night when a large group of us from rec.roller-coaster used to camp there the Friday before Phall Phunfest:

7B4EDFC6-0455-4BC3-B98A-4EE64345E73F.jpeg

C0D6E74D-19EA-4FD4-A092-4D0B34AB432D.jpeg

Wow save the picture for throwback Thursday or flashback Friday. 

7 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

looks like steady rain from 7 AM til night.  im like 95% sure they close.  the problem ill have is I am busy in the afternoon, so only morning or night are possible.  however, they have a habit of not announcing weekday closings til 8:32 am (i learned this the hard way), so i dont really want to risk an hour and a half drive to find out they are closed, however they also have a habit of only being open til 4 on rain days, so cant plan on coming at night either.  

We here at Blue Mountain appreciate your feedback, and want you to know that we understand your need to plan in advance and have taken your concern to heart:

278B3E27-A351-42F3-BDDA-E19A0B4D8984.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cool I just got a big cash order today we can fly first class on Southwest Airlines and eat at the place with make your own steaks.  

Wow thanks for inviting me and offering to pay for my flight and meal with all those Benjamins. This is sick! Maybe Toast or Atomic will want middle seat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1