Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Mini splits?  i'm a huge fan.  They dont dehumidify as good as a central system on cool, so i always ran the one in my living room on "dry", and it took care of the humidty and cooled the room perfectly.  Being as they are Mitsubishi's, i would assume they have a really good rating to heat at a pretty low ambient temp.  Most of mine heat down to 5 or -5.  At their worst, a heat pump is still typically more efficient than electric baseboard.  

yup. these are the ones that operate up to -32 below zero efficiently heatwise. They also garnered the most rebates from the dealer, state and the electric company as well. Getting close to $700 back. My beef with the installation has to do with the footings for the stands outside. The lack of footings is a better description. They make little pyramid shaped piles of stone and set the stand on that. WTF. I considered mounting them on the foundation outside, but the dealer cautioned that we might hear the vibration through the walls. Oh, so they vibrate? And you want to put the stand on top of a pile of pebbles? So, I yanked some pavers out of the driveway and told them to reinstall with the pavers. I've run both the heat and the A/C and they seem to do the job.

57 minutes ago, moe ghoul said:

yup. these are the ones that operate up to -32 below zero efficiently heatwise. They also garnered the most rebates from the dealer, state and the electric company as well. Getting close to $700 back. My beef with the installation has to do with the footings for the stands outside. The lack of footings is a better description. They make little pyramid shaped piles of stone and set the stand on that. WTF. I considered mounting them on the foundation outside, but the dealer cautioned that we might hear the vibration through the walls. Oh, so they vibrate? And you want to put the stand on top of a pile of pebbles? So, I yanked some pavers out of the driveway and told them to reinstall with the pavers. I've run both the heat and the A/C and they seem to do the job.

I have 4.  3 on concrete pads, and one on an extension of the my deck.  I hear this one more than any other one i have.  Its not really that it vibrates, but it does make noise, so i sort of wish i didnt put it basically on my deck, it seems like the noise does resonate some through the house.   

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Felt like autumn while cutting the grass yesterday!

Ugh, our grass is so long, furthest part of our backyard is like a swamp. Riding mower is in the shop, and I’m not even gonna try pushing our little push mower through this crap. This is a repeat of last summer 😡

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Ugh, our grass is so long, furthest part of our backyard is like a swamp. Riding mower is in the shop, and I’m not even gonna try pushing our little push mower through this crap. This is a repeat of last summer 😡

The guy that cut my lawn closed up shop, so i had to find someone new, which believe it or not, wasnt easy.  In the meantime, my neighbor across the street was nice enough to cut mine, since it was starting to scare the rest of the neighbors.  I fired up the one piece of lawn care equipment i do own, which is a weedeater, since i didnt want to be a dick just standing there watching my neighbor cut my grass.  I had originally thought i might get one of those cool zero turn mowers, and cut it myself.  About 10 minutes into weedeating, i realized i am a moron for letting that thought even cross my mind.  I despise cutting grass.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

The guy that cut my lawn closed up shop, so i had to find someone new, which believe it or not, wasnt easy.  In the meantime, my neighbor across the street was nice enough to cut mine, since it was starting to scare the rest of the neighbors.  I fired up the one piece of lawn care equipment i do own, which is a weedeater, since i didnt want to be a dick just standing there watching my neighbor cut my grass.  I had originally thought i might get one of those cool zero turn mowers, and cut it myself.  About 10 minutes into weedeating, i realized i am a moron for letting that thought even cross my mind.  I despise cutting grass.  

lol. Week whacking does suck. I still enjoy cutting. Last cut was good but not my best. I need to throw some more seed down in thin areas where weeds died  

2EF6C78F-957A-417A-8502-615DD3941DBB.jpeg

25 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

lol. Week whacking does suck. I still enjoy cutting. Last cut was good but not my best. I need to throw some more seed down in thin areas where weeds died  

Wow that’s a huge yard.  Are you allowed to sell some of the lot to a developer and put in a few more houses. 

43 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The ratio of weedeating VS lawn to cut is high at my house.  i sort of have 3 seperate pieces of lawn to cut, which as you know, increases the weedeating exponetially.  

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Your neighbors must be pissed.... "GD Toast is mowing his lawn again, now I gotta mow too...."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The lawns and courtyards at my place are on a pretty regular mowing schedule, the weekends, but it really sucks when the grass grows like crazy all week and you have to wait extra days to get it cut. I'm the kind of person that would cut my lawn 3 times a week if needed.