Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

7 minutes ago, Shadows said:

i thought rain was good for fishin. they cant see you.

When the rivers are flooded and look like chocolate milk/mud, the fishing tends to suck.  I really only fly fish, and it's hard for the fish to see the fly unless you get it right in front of them.  I actually prefer low water, it exposes rocks/structure and fish tend to concentrate in pools/flows instead of spreading out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

When the rivers are flooded and look like chocolate milk/mud, the fishing tends to suck.  I really only fly fish, and it's hard for the fish to see the fly unless you get it right in front of them.  I actually prefer low water, it exposes rocks/structure and fish tend to concentrate in pools/flows instead of spreading out.

Rain also washes a lot of food into the stream making the fish less hungry.

Maybe if you go right as the rain starts, the fish might be more active, but not after it's been raining for a long time.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Rain also washes a lot of food into the stream making the fish less hungry.

Maybe if you go right as the rain starts, the fish might be more active, but not after it's been raining for a long time.

Yeah, you can sometimes use that to your advantage and fish spots like creek mouths that feed into the river.  The section of the Schuylkill I usually fish (Hamburg to Muhlenburg) doesn't have many spots like that though.  

There's a video in this article showing the Wawa about a mile from my house, which flooded pretty bad last night

https://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/heavy-rain-leads-to-flooding-in-parts-of-berks/1087784694

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

There's a video in this article showing the Wawa about a mile from my house, which flooded pretty bad last night

https://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/heavy-rain-leads-to-flooding-in-parts-of-berks/1087784694

If that was Delco, there would still be people eating on the trashcans.  

Oh, news flash, its gonna rain some more soon. It like 99% humidity right now too.  My hair is a disaster.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

If that was Delco, there would still be people eating on the trashcans.  

Oh, news flash, its gonna rain some more soon. It like 99% humidity right now too.  My hair is a disaster.  

You would be correct. 

18B69949-A148-44F8-9852-E52C8368CD69.png

30 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Woo Hoo! Another round of rain on the way... <sigh>

A8874AFF-DEF3-4D4A-B02F-0CA474FCB180.thumb.png.2cdeac06a4cf563c4e8b2603e82ac4db.png

Just squeezed in a quick run between storms. Sun is gone already. Disgustingly humid. Roads were steaming. Felt like I was running out of the tunnel for the super bowl the whole time. 

BC309E64-B8E5-4A8E-80FE-BCBB04782201.jpeg

0955D44C-41C2-4466-9A66-B90029BBD217.jpeg

• Like 2