Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

16 hours ago, Kyle said:

With all the senior week kids..... 

from 2 years of living down there, good luck. Avoid the boardwalk at all costs. 

Junebugs are pretty easy to avoid, just stick to the bars where they can't go. I say ocean city but I'm really staying in the lovely and quiet Fenwick area along the bay so unless I really go seeking out the fresh out of high schoolers, which I will admit at one point I was one, I doubt I'll really have too many encounters. 

The only issue is that my traveling companion has a very strange obsession with Dippin' Dots, aka the ice cream of the future, so she's made a formal request to get down to the boards to get a cup of frozen pellets. I'll have a full trip report to let you guys know how it goes. 

Snowing in the mountains,specifically Rabbit Ears Pass on the way into Steamboat. But will eventually snow in Vail and surrounding area. Reminds me of a motorcycle trip we took at this time in June about 3 years ago. Left Boulder in rain and got snowed on going over Rabbit Ear. Coldest I ever was on a bike, teeth actually chattering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Barb said:

Snowing in the mountains,specifically Rabbit Ears Pass in the way into Steamboat. But will eventually snow in Vail and surrounding area. Reminds me of a motorcycle trip we took at this time in June about 3 years ago. Left Boulder in rain and got snowed on going over Rabbit Ear. Coldest I ever was on a bike, teeth actually chattering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abasin extended their season at least one week. Will be fun watching the snow on the Loveland and Abasin cams this afternoon. Saw that big swath of moisture in northwest Colorado on the radar earlier. 

2 hours ago, Schif said:

Junebugs are pretty easy to avoid, just stick to the bars where they can't go. I say ocean city but I'm really staying in the lovely and quiet Fenwick area along the bay so unless I really go seeking out the fresh out of high schoolers, which I will admit at one point I was one, I doubt I'll really have too many encounters. 

The only issue is that my traveling companion has a very strange obsession with Dippin' Dots, aka the ice cream of the future, so she's made a formal request to get down to the boards to get a cup of frozen pellets. I'll have a full trip report to let you guys know how it goes. 

The apartment complex I lived in down there had an apartment that was used by OCPD as basically a holding office for kids they arrested so their parents could come pick them up. We used to sit on our porch and drink beers and watching the constant stream of kids coming in and kids leaving with angry parents. a lot of the people they brought there were for simple things like shoplifting and alcohol possession. It was always fun to watch. 

58 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Gotcha thought it was the week between when classes end and graduation and I googled it and said mainly first half of June. 

It would roll into the first week of July. It was hell down there during that time. I was 23 and getting stopped walking home from 7/11 with a 12 pack of beer on a weekly basis because they thought I was a senior weeker. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

The apartment complex I lived in down there had an apartment that was used by OCPD as basically a holding office for kids they arrested so their parents could come pick them up. We used to sit on our porch and drink beers and watching the constant stream of kids coming in and kids leaving with angry parents. a lot of the people they brought there were for simple things like shoplifting and alcohol possession. It was always fun to watch. 

It would roll into the first week of July. It was hell down there during that time. I was 23 and getting stopped walking home from 7/11 with a 12 pack of beer on a weekly basis because they thought I was a senior weeker. 

Wow that’s crazy.  A friend of a friends kid was hit by a car during senior week and died about a decade ago. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow that’s crazy.  A friend of a friends kid was hit by a car during senior week and died about a decade ago. 

Guy I knew from high school was hit and killed a few years ago down there during a car show. Driver was 2x the legal limit. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Yes. Needed for the second floor only. First floor never needs it and yes mid to late spring, summer and early fall utility bills are awesome.

We might make it until July before our first 90 degree day.  The house I grew up in didn’t have central AC cause it was old. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We might make it until July before our first 90 degree day.  The house I grew up in didn’t have central AC cause it was old. 

Thursday/Friday might hit 90, at least in the south end of the state. 

38 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thursday/Friday might hit 90, at least in the south end of the state. 

Even if it’s like 88 here the heat index is gonna be damn near 100.  Last night I took a 45 minute walk and it was like 78 degrees out 40 percent humidity and I didn’t even start to sweat until the last five minutes.   Later this week I’ll sweat standing still for a minute outside and my old ass customers like to linger. 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yesterday Allentown received an inch of rain in a late afternoon downpour and a serious line of storms is straddling the berks and Lehigh county line heading east. I just finished a walk and there was a rogue lightning strike.  

getting spicy down here

• Haha 1