Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Pretty wicked storm last night.  I'm feeling pretty lucky my power was stayed on.  Homes across the street were dark this morning with a lone generator humming in the background.  

Did it rain a lot down your way?  Me and delivery guy were gonna do a job with a lot of pushing in your area and decided against it cause we figured the ground was saturated.  Just gotta get through today then four day weekend. 

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did it rain a lot down your way?  Me and delivery guy were gonna do a job with a lot of pushing in your area and decided against it cause we figured the ground was saturated.  Just gotta get through today then four day weekend. 

Rained incredibly hard for like 10-15 mins. Then it was pretty much done.  

Go no rain or anything in west grove. Kennett and oxford both got hit hard. I must’ve been right in the split when the cells broke apart  

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Rained incredibly hard for like 10-15 mins. Then it was pretty much done.  

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

i saw some places flood last night that i had never seen flood before.  only rained for like 45 mins too

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Go no rain or anything in west grove. Kennett and oxford both got hit hard. I must’ve been right in the split when the cells broke apart  

According to peco's outage map, the people across the street from me still dont have pow wow.  Just saw on the FB a couple roads are still closed.  

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

is it me or are people being overly dramatic regarding this heat?  its summer, its supposed to be hot

Correct. But this heat and humidity is oppressive and will be worse over the weekend. The humidity is what makes it so bad. The heat is tolerable. Better to have people take precautions than not. I went for a run this morning at 7 and lost 7lbs and that was after I thought I rehydrated. I haven’t felt that I’ll during/after a run before. Had to listen to my body and cut it early  

Edited by toast21602

18 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

is it me or are people being overly dramatic regarding this heat?  its summer, its supposed to be hot

The news is doing a good job of getting people all riled up about the heat.  I did here maybe Sat will be the hottest its been in like 7 years.  thats pretty hot.  

11 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Correct. But this heat and humidity is oppressive and will be worse over the weekend. The humidity is what makes it so bad. The heat is tolerable. Better to have people take precautions than not. I went for a run this morning at 7 and lost 7lbs and that was after I thought I rehydrated. I haven’t felt that I’ll during/after a run before. Had to listen to my body and cut it early  

Seriously?  you weighed before and after?  thats a shitload to loose over the course of a run if you ask me.  You are right about the humidity.  My hair is so fucked its not funny.  One day i want to experience "dry" heat, to see if like 115 degrees and really low humidity is better than what we have now.  

I'm pretty much staying inside this weekend after about 10 am.  

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

The news is doing a good job of getting people all riled up about the heat.  I did here maybe Sat will be the hottest its been in like 7 years.  thats pretty hot.  

Seriously?  you weighed before and after?  thats a shitload to loose over the course of a run if you ask me.  You are right about the humidity.  My hair is so fucked its not funny.  One day i want to experience "dry" heat, to see if like 115 degrees and really low humidity is better than what we have now.  

I'm pretty much staying inside this weekend after about 10 am.  

You need to start using some hair products.  Talk to your hair stylist about it. I took an hour and ten minute walk yesterday AM and lost 3 pounds in water weight and drank a bottle of water on the walk and it was like 70 degrees but sticky as fuck. 

Were are you going?  hopefully somewhere a little cooler?  Does your camper/apartment thing have A/C?

We’re going to French Creek, so not cooler unfortunately, but we do have a small AC unit in the camper plus a few small fans.