Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM MONDAY TO 1 PM EST TUESDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches. * WHERE...Portions of central, northeast and northwest Vermont and northern New York. * WHEN...From 1 PM Monday to 1 PM EST Tuesday.

images.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Justin said:

I work in wilmington. Aside from the sizable pay bump I got from taking this job, it blows

Wilmington is maybe the weirdest city. Drive down some streets on a Saturday and its a ghost town. Yet the hood is like two blocks away and is hoping and the reverse during the week. Truthfully I haven't been there much but my impression is its like a smaller houston. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Wilmington is maybe the weirdest city. Drive down some streets on a Saturday and its a ghost town. Yet the hood is like two blocks away and is hoping and the reverse during the week. Truthfully I haven't been there much but my impression is its like a smaller houston. 

I never spent time in Wilmington...just drove past going to DC and DE beaches..smaller Houston wow. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I never spent time in Wilmington...just drove past going to DC and DE beaches..smaller Houston wow. 

Nobody lives in houston. I go there alot for work and to get a pack of smokes downtown on a saturday is like a 40min walk because nothing is open. No resturants, no stores, no culture. Everybody drives in for work and then goes home. Wilmington I always thought was the same way. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

Nobody lives in houston. I go there alot for work and to get a pack of smokes downtown on a saturday is like a 40min walk because nothing is open. No resturants, no stores, no culture. Everybody drives in for work and then goes home. Wilmington I always thought was the same way. 

That’s the way downtown Allentown was for office workers until a few years ago when they started building luxury apartments downtown. Now there’s a couple hundred upper middle class millennials surrounded by tens of thousands of poor to working class folks plus a bunch of crackheads, registered sex offenders and creeps. Seems like all the guys who get busted in Allentown for jerking off in public are about my age.  That’s why even if I’m tempted to JO in the wawa parking lot or across the street from a school I resist. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s the way downtown Allentown was for office workers until a few years ago when they started building luxury apartments downtown. Now there’s a couple hundred upper middle class millennials surrounded by tens of thousands of poor to working class folks plus a bunch of crackheads, registered sex offenders and creeps. Seems like all the guys who get busted in Allentown for jerking off in public are about my age.  That’s why even if I’m tempted to JO in the wawa parking lot or across the street from a school I resist. 

I remember you dogging those apartments when they started to develop the lot. Are they still mostly empty ?

Reading can't even try that but if you want a house stupid stupid cheap no place is better. 

Guys under 35 or so aren't generally confident enough to jerk it in public

15 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Wilmington is a pure, 100% shithole. They are building up the waterfront somewhat, like a smaller northern liberties. It's nice, but still kinda sucks (we call it "Wilmington Good"). But the biggest problem, IMO, is that nobody really lives here, they all commute in from Philly or surrounding suburbs, and it will probably always be that way. I can't think of a single reason to live here aside from a convenient commute if you work at any of the major financial companies. Decent real estate is super expensive, rent is up there with real cities, and everything else is in the super duper hood. Nothing cool as far as attraction, culture, etc. either.

There is nothing to do on weekends or nights, because everyone goes home. There's actually a good amount of restaurants here that are only open for lunch during weekdays.

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I remember you dogging those apartments when they started to develop the lot. Are they still mostly empty ?

Reading can't even try that but if you want a house stupid stupid cheap no place is better. 

Guys under 35 or so aren't generally confident enough to jerk it in public

Let me check the website...49 apartments currently available right now. I believe they have about 400 total..my friend is the leasing manager there.  A lot of the apartments are ghost apartments rented as corporate housing for PPL, Talon energy, Lehigh valley health networks and the Phantoms where people are only there some of the time. They’re currently converting the old holiday inn into less expensive apartments starting at around $750-900 a month for one room studios that will open in May.  Another 20 apartments available the rest of this month and 28 available in December.  Very high turnover people live in these luxury apartments for a year and get sick of being surrounded by hood rats so then move to the west end, suburbs or buy a house.  ADP is moving 50 employees per month from the fogelsville location to downtown so that should help with the rentals but they’ll never be fully occupied. A few restaurants have survived downtown, there’s a new food court, new brewpub opening...but retail aside from a few pop up shops have not survived. One high end men’s store is doing ok and a hair salon and nail salon.  Before it was all businesses for the neighborhood..rice and bean joints, check cashing places, urban clothing stores, dollar stores. All have been moved off Hamilton by developers and have migrated down 7th street 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Justin said:

Wilmington is a pure, 100% shithole. They are building up the waterfront somewhat, like a smaller northern liberties. It's nice, but still kinda sucks (we call it "Wilmington Good"). But the biggest problem, IMO, is that nobody really lives here, they all commute in from Philly or surrounding suburbs, and it will probably always be that way. I can't think of a single reason to live here aside from a convenient commute if you work at any of the major financial companies. Decent real estate is super expensive, rent is up there with real cities, and everything else is in the super duper hood. Nothing cool as far as attraction, culture, etc. either.

There is nothing to do on weekends or nights, because everyone goes home. There's actually a good amount of restaurants here that are only open for lunch during weekdays.

Why live in Wilmington when you can live less than a $20 Uber ride away in kennett and get all of the perks of a safe neighborhood, good restaurants, and fun bars until 9pm then take said Uber to either Wilmington or west Chester after 9. 

side note, downtown Wilmington isn’t too bad, but the downside is having to pretty much drive through murdertown to get there. There’s a reason why the city spent millions on “shot spotter” systems.