Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Winter never came to Delaware this year. First time I’ve ever seen snow before Thanksgiving here, and it was the only snow we got this year. Only a handful of nights below 30. Snow was disappointing in VT. Season was far too short as we all know.

Seriously, WTF is with this year?

• Sad 1

Winter never came to Delaware this year. First time I’ve ever seen snow before Thanksgiving here, and it was the only snow we got this year. Only a handful of nights below 30. Snow was disappointing in VT. Season was far too short as we all know.

Seriously, WTF is with this year?

Welcome back RideDE.

His first post since 11/2019

I try to keep it fresh. Honestly, I’ve just been busy with life and when I sit down at the end of the day, I usually am watching a tv show instead of following the forums.

Also, although I went to CO before the virus broke out, I was just too busy to sit down and write the trip reports. Just not as much free time now that I’m married.

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I try to keep it fresh. Honestly, I’ve just been busy with life and when I sit down at the end of the day, I usually am watching a tv show instead of following the forums.

Also, although I went to CO before the virus broke out, I was just too busy to sit down and write the trip reports. Just not as much free time now that I’m married.

That sucks. Well welcome back. I figured you’d have more free time being married since you have a wife to cook and clean 

• Love 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

That sucks. Well welcome back. I figured you’d have more free time being married since you have a wife to cook and clean 

It’s the complete opposite. When you’re single, there’s nobody to hold you accountable. You do dishes when you want, clean when you want, and landscape when you want. When you’re married, there’s chores to do and deadlines. My wife does cook a lot, and is a great cook. I help with prep work sometimes and almost solely do the dishes. I try to cook when I can, but I wasn’t much of a cook when I was single, so it hasn’t changed much now...

4 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

It’s the complete opposite. When you’re single, there’s nobody to hold you accountable. You do dishes when you want, clean when you want, and landscape when you want. When you’re married, there’s chores to do and deadlines. My wife does cook a lot, and is a great cook. I help with prep work sometimes and almost solely do the dishes. I try to cook when I can, but I wasn’t much of a cook when I was single, so it hasn’t changed much now...

Do you want kids.  

Gotta have time for your hobbies and the things you love too.
  • Love 1

Yeah well he did an almost two week trip to Colorado.  Great reports from there. 

That's good. I didn't mean him specifically but more so in general. I'm no marriage counselor but you hear "my wife" or "my husband" won't let me do something so frequently. I can't understand that. Granted a person shouldn't completely drop their spouse for a hobby. There's definitely a balance. But it shouldn't be completely taken away either. Taking away something that someone loves for selfish reasons will likely lead to unhappiness for that person and, I'd guess, an unhappy marriage. Again not specific to Ride who likely makes turns with his wife. But, instead, a Ridgeracer life lesson that I wanted to share.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

That's good. I didn't mean him specifically but more so in general. I'm no marriage counselor but you hear "my wife" or "my husband" won't let me do something so frequently. I can't understand that. Granted a person shouldn't completely drop their spouse for a hobby. There's definitely a balance. But it shouldn't be completely taken away either. Taking away something that someone loves for selfish reasons will likely lead to unhappiness for that person and, I'd guess, an unhappy marriage. Again not specific to Ride who likely makes turns with his wife. But, instead, a Ridgeracer life lesson that I wanted to share.

I've heard you say "my wife would kill me if I did ________" on plenty of occasions 🤷‍♂️

I've heard you say "my wife would kill me if I did ________" on plenty of occasions [emoji2369]

Fake news. If you heard that it wasn't related to me skiing. She encourages me to ski for the reasons mentioned above and, more so, because I annoy the shit out of her if I'm in the house a lot (like now). But like I said...it's a balance. Saturday and Sunday mornings at Blue are a lot when she has plans or the kids got stuff going on so I do Saturday morning and Sunday night. Multiple ski trips out west with lots of things happening at home can be tough so I do one trip...gotta balance that shit out.

Edit...I think I remember that conversation now. She did say that if I got hurt again she'd kill me... Lol.

• Love 1

My wife and I do make turns together, so there’s never an argument about snowboarding. In fact, when I have work I can’t leave for, she goes without me. She logs more days than I do.

I do get “free time”. It’s all relative. I’m an only child, so I was largely used to having free time all the time. In some ways, unless I can do what I want whenever I want, I don’t have enough “free time.” Being married is just a huge learning curve (shoutout to flattening the curve), and we are still working on finding that happy middle ground. I have no complaints. Relationships are dynamic and always evolving. I’m perfectly happy and will keep working at finding that middle ground each day as the situation evolves.

10 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

My wife and I do make turns together, so there’s never an argument about snowboarding. In fact, when I have work I can’t leave for, she goes without me. She logs more days than I do.

I do get “free time”. It’s all relative. I’m an only child, so I was largely used to having free time all the time. In some ways, unless I can do what I want whenever I want, I don’t have enough “free time.” Being married is just a huge learning curve (shoutout to flattening the curve), and we are still working on finding that happy middle ground. I have no complaints. Relationships are dynamic and always evolving. I’m perfectly happy and will keep working at finding that middle ground each day as the situation evolves.

Nobody cares. 

Nobody cares. 

Well, if we didn’t just have the last 6 or 7 posts on the subject, then I would say that you’re correct, but in this case, previous evidence showing the continuation and expounding of this conversation, proves that somebody does care. If you would like to alter that statement to “many people don’t care, I don’t care, or most people don’t care,” I would find that to be more accurate.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I do too.

RideDE what will it take for you to stick around during the winter and post real time reports from Sugarbush?

Real time reports...hah getting reports period aside from maybe opening day just doesn’t happen anymore with RideDE..he’s to busy..he probably can’t get out of his own way...

6 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Fake news. If you heard that it wasn't related to me skiing. She encourages me to ski for the reasons mentioned above and, more so, because I annoy the shit out of her if I'm in the house a lot (like now). But like I said...it's a balance. Saturday and Sunday mornings at Blue are a lot when she has plans or the kids got stuff going on so I do Saturday morning and Sunday night. Multiple ski trips out west with lots of things happening at home can be tough so I do one trip...gotta balance that shit out.

Edit...I think I remember that conversation now. She did say that if I got hurt again she'd kill me... Lol.

My wife is sooo happy when ski season arrives as she doesn’t have to hear me griping about various shit that has to get done around the house and what not.  When ski season hits, I’m happy and outta the house, so she’s also happy! Symbiotic relationship.

• Like 1

Real time reports...hah getting reports period aside from maybe opening day just doesn’t happen anymore with RideDE..he’s to busy..he probably can’t get out of his own way...

Well, if I can get this last project finished duding this summer, depending on what happens with the construction industry during this time, I’ll make an honest effort next season. I try to put together comprehensive reports, and a lot of times I just don’t have the time after I get home, get dinner, and hang out with my wife.

37 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Well, if I can get this last project finished duding this summer, depending on what happens with the construction industry during this time, I’ll make an honest effort next season. I try to put together comprehensive reports, and a lot of times I just don’t have the time after I get home, get dinner, and hang out with my wife.

If you go to blue you can use roots buddy pass. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I almost made it to Blue this year. OutCold and I were going to go up the week after they closed the season, but the sudden closure made us rethink it. I had work to get done at home, but he did make it to Camelback before they shut down...

I had all my gear, but I couldn’t pull it together with everything going on.