Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Sitting outside listening to the rythmic hum of generators from across the street. Fortunately the flow of electricity did not stop at my house. The other side of the street has gone out like 3 times in the last year, kinda feel bad for them cause its hot out, and theres so many outages their chances of being restored quickly are probably slim.  

47 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Crazy storm earlier...80+ mph winds in reading.  Not quite as bad in west Chester but a tree fell and crushed 4 cars at the building across the street from work.  Power went out and never came back so I left early 

The area from honey brook to Morgantown/elverson to reading always seem to get much more severe weather than central Chester county and southwards

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

The area from honey brook to Morgantown/elverson to reading always seem to get much more severe weather than central Chester county and southwards

The southeastern corner at the PA/MD/DE line where I live always seems to get missed. It’s almost like the systems split and go north and south east 

• Like 1

No power in Conshohocken and probably not for awhile, looks somewhat bad here. storm wasn’t too bad in Coatesville though. My first time losing power in 4 years in conshy

10 minutes after getting the generator out the power went back on lol

22 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Ya when it actually used to snow around here you guys generally seemed to get missed snow wise

I’m not a weather expert by any means, but I think being so close to the bay effects it, almost seems to “tear” the storm systems in half and we end up being in that split. 

• Like 1

My parents in elverson got hit pretty bad.  Second round outside of reading wasn't as bad...lot of rain, not as much wind as earlier 

• Like 1

I got really lucky and the power never went out. A lot of streets had huge trees down on them around me and were closed. The fire department has been out non stop since last night cutting up fallen trees. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

My neighborhood's ETA for restoration is June 6th at 11PM per PECO.  Thank goodness for the generator!

Thats the same exact time for the people on the other side of my street. I wonder if they just threw a dart and it landed there, and thats what they are telling everybody. Being without power sucks. 
I assume yours runs on NG or propane?  Cant be cheap running that non stop for 4 days. 

• Like 1