Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

On hour 12 of no power now. Rest of the block has power as well as the town, but there’s 3 other houses tethered to the same pole as I am and none of us have power. Going to be a long hot and humid night. 

Seems a shit ton of Chester county lost power.  We were on the generator all day at work.  Although Exton seems to have power, I heard the lines for food are incredible.  My dad had to go all the way to the Malvern wawa 

That sucks - our power rarely goes out, but my parents have Met-Ed and their power goes out all the time...they're not expected to have power back until Friday or Saturday either.  We only got 4 or 5 inches of rain...Some places near Reading got 7 inches or more of rain on Sunday...and another 7+ yesterday.  I drove by the  Schuylkill River this morning and it was higher than I've seen it in years.

Edited by PSUFly

Kelly Drive is still closed as is a big stretch of Lincoln Drive. I was going to go for a run down by the art museum last night but the number of road closures turned that into a nearly 30 minute drive so I scrapped it. As per the radio this morning some places on main street in Manayunk saw some water but I didn't go down there at all. 

Some Schuylkill data below: 

image.png.0cccaf3dc93b1f22d6f369cc1b5bbced.png

image.png.bd5b556ec0e71683d9373162883e279d.png

image.png.b2f18fb8c64a20141916cb654017910a.png

Edited by Schif

The isolated pockets of wind damage are pretty astonishing. All faired well at my house, but 2 miles down the road looks like a warzone, buildings missing roofs, trees down everywhere, patio furniture in places it shouldn’t be. 

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Power out till Saturday according to peco, although something tells me that’s not accurate and it’ll be back before then. 

506BA193-96C1-43AB-952E-695A22A9EE46.png

if its just a few houses without power, you are pretty far down the list, unless there is a big outage right by you.  

i have always felt this is when being a Peco customer (not switching suppliers to save $2/month) helps.  

we have been out of power with exp restore tonight at 8 (was originally last night at 11). 

i don't mind ol' tyme living. not having running water is a pain tho. we keep a cache of gallon jugs in the basement for poops.

also, weather is considerably better than the last time we lost it for an extended period of time... 5 nights when the noreaster came through a few years ago.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Benm said:

we have been out of power with exp restore tonight at 8 (was originally last night at 11). 

i don't mind ol' tyme living. not having running water is a pain tho. we keep a cache of gallon jugs in the basement for poops.

also, weather is considerably better than the last time we lost it for an extended period of time... 5 nights when the noreaster came through a few years ago.

If you need a place to stay, Doug has a hotelhouse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

if its just a few houses without power, you are pretty far down the list, unless there is a big outage right by you.  

i have always felt this is when being a Peco customer (not switching suppliers to save $2/month) helps.  

Yeah I’m banking on Saturday being the correct assumption at this point. Not a big rush for me to get it back on, I’m getting still getting paid and it’s not counting as vacation time. 

It is confusing when you aren’t home, get a text it’s back on, get home and realize it’s not in fact on, then get a text saying it’s an undetermined cause. 

3C718F0E-2CA6-4846-B55C-40F215FE286B.png

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Are hotels bad for Covid cause they have so many people in and out, or good because they have a full time cleaning staff on hand 24/7?

🧳🧹🦠🧫🛎🧴🧼🧽

I stayed in a hotel about a month ago for a wedding and had no issues except the room smelling like a bleach factory.