Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What triggers me is when non skiing friends ask me when Blue mountain is opening like it’s fucking Dorney Park..my answer now is not for a long time.  I say it’s cold but not cold enough. 

I love the "are they making snow?" question. No, Karen, just because you are cold doesn't mean its cold enough to make snow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I love the "are they making snow?" question. No, Karen, just because you are cold doesn't mean its cold enough to make snow.

I loathe the comments in March when people are truly perplexed that you can ski when it hasn't snowed in their backyard in a while. 

• Like 2

I think it was a year like this when I started this thread. This one may be even worse. There have been years in PA on par or worse than this one, but this is a pretty rough start for New England. Looks to turn the corner this week up there.

I won’t be going to Sugarbush much this year, if at all (out of state employees not allowed, plus quarantine), but a December 10 date is incredibly late for them. In a normal year they would probably be open and downloading, but with the push to open multiple routes and lifts to spread crowds, it’s very delayed.

I’ve got so much going on that I wasn’t planning on riding much this year anyway, but Covid has thrown a wrench into my most modest plans. I see a couple Blue days in my future this spring. I’ll be staying closer to home I think.

41 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I think it was a year like this when I started this thread. This one may be even worse. There have been years in PA on par or worse than this one, but this is a pretty rough start for New England. Looks to turn the corner this week up there.

I won’t be going to Sugarbush much this year, if at all (out of state employees not allowed, plus quarantine), but a December 10 date is incredibly late for them. In a normal year they would probably be open and downloading, but with the push to open multiple routes and lifts to spread crowds, it’s very delayed.

I’ve got so much going on that I wasn’t planning on riding much this year anyway, but Covid has thrown a wrench into my most modest plans. I see a couple Blue days in my future this spring. I’ll be staying closer to home I think.

Why are you gonna wait for spring time to ski Blue?? Do you have any kids yet?

Why are you gonna wait for spring time to ski Blue?? Do you have any kids yet?

No kids yet, but lots going on. I’ve got a full slate in December and January. I just don’t see getting out before then. I could be pleasantly surprised, but I’m also not making it as much of a priority without extended trips to VT being in play.