Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

4 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I joined that outage bridge for a bit since I was getting spammed every few minutes on the Bucks Headend disto and it connects to my SUR in Sellersville. What was the final fix on the Juniper MEG?

The FCP in FCP slot 1 is bad. They wanted to move the uplink XFP into the open slot on the MIC in working FCP2, but I convinced them that moving the entire MIC to the open slot in that FCP was a better idea. We did that and they rewrote the config to get the MEG back up to the SUR, as well as all the 10-gig customers on the XFPs. Unfortunately dozens of customers are still down that are coming of the SFP card in MIC1 of FCP-1, but there was no other slot to move the MIC to. Juniper is RMA-ing one to my house to take to replace it, but UPS shut their warehouse down for the weather, so no ETA.

It’s gonna be expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

The FCP in FCP slot 1 is bad. They wanted to move the uplink XFP into the open slot on the MIC in working FCP2, but I convinced them that moving the entire MIC to the open slot in that FCP was a better idea. We did that and they rewrote the config to get the MEG back up to the SUR, as well as all the 10-gig customers on the XFPs. Unfortunately dozens of customers are still down that are coming of the SFP card in MIC1 of FCP-1, but there was no other slot to move the MIC to. Juniper is RMA-ing one to my house to take to replace it, but UPS shut their warehouse down for the weather, so no ETA.

It’s gonna be expensive.

Man i'm glad i just write code and don't have to deal with the physical infra stuff. Though i'm sorry you have to deal with juniper networks. Any time i've had to deal with their software it's been a pain.

On a snowier note... snow was easily 12oz deep here, closing in on 16oz. It's since switched over to sleet/freezing rain, so barring a change back to snow, I don't think it's getting any deeper. 

image.png

Edited by Justo8484
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

It’s gonna be expensive.

Nice job.  I saw the last of all the down customers, sucks. I’m surprised we don’t have one in one of the local spares depo’s. 

31 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Man i'm glad i just write code and don't have to deal with the physical infra stuff. Though i'm sorry you have to deal with juniper networks. Any time i've had to deal with their software it's been a pain.

On a snowier note... snow was easily 12oz deep here, closing in on 16oz. It's since switched over to sleet/freezing rain, so barring a change back to snow, I don't think it's getting any deeper. 

image.png

I’m glad I’m the guy who builds the infrastructure, installs, tests and launches the routers, servers and transport systems, and not the guy who has to fix them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Bright side...this storm, so far I believe, has dropped more snow than all of last year.

and, it looks decently cold in the long range, so this should be an excellent base for any snow we might get in the future and help to get more terrain open more quickly since they won't need to waste the first few hours of snowmaking temps just getting the ground cold so snow starts to pile up

• Like 5
  • Boner City 1

6 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I’m glad I’m the guy who builds the infrastructure, installs, tests and launches the routers, servers and transport systems, and not the guy who has to fix them.  

It didn’t help that we lost over half an hour due to my laptop throwing the blue screen of death at least 6 times while I was screen sharing to let them edit the code. Consensus among the metro-e tech group is that it’s our sub-par serial-USB adapters that cause it