Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

16 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Getting to blue will be harder than driving any interstate. NY does a good job with the thruway. I better not have to pass a sonic clogging up the access road.

Probably accurate, but those 50 car pile ups look scary AF. Though I think they happen more frequently during severe sudden snow squalls.

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

I’m ready. Hopefully it is enough of something to get me out for some local xc with @Mixilplix and @mbike-ski  

With all of that forecasted, it does look like you will have trouble getting from the upstairs, to the downstairs, so i would cancel work on account of public safety.  

• Like 1
  • Boner City 2

2 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Buy some dedicated snow tires....If you already haven't.....

I have all seasons which work grate. The issue is my Sonic is too low to the ground so a few inches renders it inoperable regardless of tire quality. I think I've only driven in snow once or twice this winter and couldnt justify the cost of snow tires. plus I'm far too lazy to go to the shop 2x a year to swap them, or to buy another set of rims and do it myself 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by saltyant

They are usually very bearish. Yesterday, the AM weatherman said there was a "possibility this misses us south." Today, we were going to get at least some "shovelable snow." On the evening news, this was the graphic tonight. 

I'm gettin hype. 

IMG_20210128_1829216.jpg

• Like 1
  • Boner City 2

1 hour ago, Benm said:

They are usually very bearish. Yesterday, the AM weatherman said there was a "possibility this misses us south." Today, we were going to get at least some "shovelable snow." On the evening news, this was the graphic tonight. 

I'm gettin hype. 

IMG_20210128_1829216.jpg

Way too early right now. This far out I give this storm a one in four chance.  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, saltyant said:

I have all seasons which work grate. The issue is my Sonic is too low to the ground so a few inches renders it inoperable regardless of tire quality. I think I've only driven in snow once or twice this winter and couldnt justify the cost of snow tires. plus I'm far too lazy to go to the shop 2x a year to swap them, or to buy another set of rims and do it myself 🤷🏻‍♂️

Have you ever considered getting something with AWD?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, saltyant said:

It has 90% to do with your tires and 10% to do with clearance.   Your all seasons suck.  My previous cars have been lower than yours *and* RWD and snow tires made them plenty capable.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

It has 90% to do with your tires and 10% to do with clearance.   Your all seasons suck.  My previous cars have been lower than yours *and* RWD and snow tires made them plenty capable.

I haven't actually had any problems with driving in the snow since I got my General Altimax RT43's. Granted I haven't driven in anything deep because I just assume it'll get stuck. But I'll take your word for it and next time we get lots of purdur I'll see how my Chevy Sonic does.

Edited by saltyant

16 hours ago, Benm said:

I'm gettin hype. 

IMG_20210128_1829216.jpg

So quickly it changes. They have not a clue

20210129_115417.jpg.752e31cd6f2ae7cb75dbf086394264bd.jpg

20210129_115732.jpg.d650a3f742d618838421615f64d6ee36.jpg

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I think all this speculation is jinxing the storm's trajectory and making it move south. Keep it up people!

20210129_161247.jpg.a7f91478123941989ae3e3d1e5fede38.jpg

It’s crazy. My dad asked me how much snow we are supposed to get.  They never give accumulations this far out.  I said probably a big ice storm down sout and maybe snow here.