Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

30 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

The flooding has begun as expected

E48B5702-D239-47D8-84ED-89B2288D77DA.thumb.png.9c9fc264fa67e3885495da1a18d200f4.png

CEA3FA5C-C2A2-469D-9B29-0D920A6868CC.thumb.png.a84cea471b61403b36b5a765e72a3e9d.png

that mini van has been there awhile, I might wade out and put my business card under the wipers

You need to invest in a small canoe for the dealership so you can do that with every summer storm. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

You need to invest in a small canoe for the dealership so you can do that with every summer storm. 

Ha that’s a great idea.  I saw this guy hauling ass, honking at cars waiting, and said he’s gonna get stuck.  Of course he got stuck.  This happened 1 min ago. Still stuck

1B3B847C-EF46-40B4-BDC8-5213A5BE1E3E.thumb.jpeg.13fc452418d1731e9c3e21753e2472eb.jpeg

4 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Ha that’s a great idea.  I saw this guy hauling ass, honking at cars waiting, and said he’s gonna get stuck.  Of course he got stuck.  This happened 1 min ago. Still stuck

1B3B847C-EF46-40B4-BDC8-5213A5BE1E3E.thumb.jpeg.13fc452418d1731e9c3e21753e2472eb.jpeg

People are fucking stupid. Caln FD pulled someone out at GO and North Bailey, as they’re getting ready to leave they radio in “another car just drove into the water, put it back on dispatch in the same spot” 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kyle said:

People are fucking stupid. Caln FD pulled someone out at GO and North Bailey, as they’re getting ready to leave they radio in “another car just drove into the water, put it back on dispatch in the same spot” 

Lol yup, that intersection is a quarter mile to the right of this pic.  These floods happen 2-3 times per year and people still don’t learn

On 6/2/2021 at 9:44 AM, JFskiDan said:

What are you sanding with?  I never found a really grate way to do it. I wanted to sand my deck real well before staining it again, but just ended up running a pole sander over it to remove the loosest of stain. 

I think I'm done with the pressure wash. Picked up a belt sander to remove the rest of the stain and smooth things out before applying the new stain. What's a good grit to use? Thinking 80 or 100? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I think I'm done with the pressure wash. Picked up a belt sander to remove the rest of the stain and smooth things out before applying the new stain. What's a good grit to use? Thinking 80 or 100? 

sort of depends what is left of the stain, and how the wood looks.  pressure washing tends to raise the grain in the wood.  80 would probably be a good place to start, belt sanders are pretty aggressive.  Make sure all of the nails or screws on the deck are recessed before firing up Mr Scratchy, or you might cut the belt.  

After an aggresive grit, something like 120 or even a little higher will make the wood real nice and smooth.  Should look brand new if you are putting this kind of work into it.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

sort of depends what is left of the stain, and how the wood looks.  pressure washing tends to raise the grain in the wood.  80 would probably be a good place to start, belt sanders are pretty aggressive.  Make sure all of the nails or screws on the deck are recessed before firing up Mr Scratchy, or you might cut the belt.  

After an aggresive grit, something like 120 or even a little higher will make the wood real nice and smooth.  Should look brand new if you are putting this kind of work into it.  

Would you use the 120 post stain? To finish it off basically? 

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Would you use the 120 post stain? To finish it off basically? 

don't sand after you stain. I just finished my boards last weekend. family stuff prevented me from getting much further this week, but this weekend I'll try and get the posts and rails done when I have time and if it doesn't rain. went with a lighter color that we previously had, but some of the darker stain I wasn't able to completely remove on the posts and rails. The floor boards looked brand new after I washed and sanded everything. It was actually pretty fun to do. IMG_4217.thumb.jpeg.de1f6f7f715047bb8d2a6b8f6225d2dd.jpeg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

don't sand after you stain. I just finished my boards last weekend. family stuff prevented me from getting much further this week, but this weekend I'll try and get the posts and rails done when I have time and if it doesn't rain. went with a lighter color that we previously had, but some of the darker stain I wasn't able to completely remove on the posts and rails. The floor boards looked brand new after I washed and sanded everything. It was actually pretty fun to do. IMG_4217.thumb.jpeg.de1f6f7f715047bb8d2a6b8f6225d2dd.jpeg

if the decking is stained, i really dig that color.  looks sharp.  

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Looks similar to the color I'm doing. I pulled off the old posts, bought new and staining before attaching.

IMG_20210611_104310_HDR.jpg

• Like 1