Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

12 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I don’t understand people flipping out over the “heat wave”.  It’s summer, it’s supposed to be hot

I could set you up as a laborer on one of our paving crews......you would for certain have a different out look on the word "hot"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I could set you up as a laborer on one of our paving crews......you would for certain have a different out look on the word "hot"

Oh for sure day laborers would think different, I’m talking about the people who complain about the heat after a ten second walk from their car

• Boner City 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

lol at 'molten zinc hot' near palmerton.

That dude rags on Palmerton so bad......so funny.  And echos the sentiments of most here that think Beltzville is a total shithole.  (which may be changing?  time will tell.  should be an interesting weekend there)

I miss the Beltzville Facebook group, it was so entertaining.  My 3 all time favorite moments were:

1. The guy who purchased spy goggles (seriously) to catch teenagers smoking pot in the woods

2. the guy who saw Muslims praying and called the police saying they were trying to blow up the dam

3. the lady who took pictures of local teens in their school T-shirts (the school’s color is red) and accused them of being Bloods

• Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

That dude rags on Palmerton so bad......so funny.  And echos the sentiments of most here that think Beltzville is a total shithole.  (which may be changing?  time will tell.  should be an interesting weekend there)

ah ok i thought it was just a crazy coincidence. 

(i believe) first time this year that beltzville hit capacity was last weekend. will likely happen again this weekend if weather cooperates.

34 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Especially since Nockamixon pool didn’t open, couldn’t find enough lifeguards and Quakertown pool closed for repairs 

Allentown only has two of their 4 pools open this summer and had to bump lifeguard pay from $12 to $14 an hour.  Plus shorter hours..one of Allentown’s pool was closed Sunday due to glass in the pool.  I’ve also heard of garbage cans and picnic tables thrown into various pools in Allentown.  Maybe not on topic but dorney Park isn’t open Monday’s and Tuesdays this year due to the labor shortage. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I don’t understand people flipping out over the “heat wave”.  It’s summer, it’s supposed to be hot

The main Allentown pool where they went like a million over budget for and opened the one year in October is closed for the next ten days at least as they have to drain it clean it and refill it due to broken glass in the pool.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The main Allentown pool where they went like a million over budget for and opened the one year in October is closed for the next ten days at least as they have to drain it clean it and refill it due to broken glass in the pool.  

I saw an Allentown councilwoman or something got arrested for sending a run-away minor to a homeless encampment 

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hit up the P town pool the last 2 days and I've never seen it busier. Sunday was nuts. I couldn't even get my diving board flip on. I miss last year when it was members only. 

14 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Hit up the P town pool the last 2 days and I've never seen it busier. Sunday was nuts. I couldn't even get my diving board flip on. I miss last year when it was members only. 

We had actually debated going but decided against it. Figured it would be out of control.

I'm curious -- how many people are usually day-passers as opposed to members? 

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Allentown only has two of their 4 pools open this summer and had to bump lifeguard pay from $12 to $14 an hour.  Plus shorter hours..one of Allentown’s pool was closed Sunday due to glass in the pool.  I’ve also heard of garbage cans and picnic tables thrown into various pools in Allentown.  Maybe not on topic but dorney Park isn’t open Monday’s and Tuesdays this year due to the labor shortage. 

Six Flags has limited hours and Knoebels has many rides closed. Not enough help. And as far as not having enough lifeguards, I would never want one of my teenage kids to take a job like that nowadays. 

Update: I let the AC run all night last night and all day today. When I came home it was blowing barely chilled air and the thermostat read 89. 

HVAC guy is scheduled for next week. Really looking forward to the cool off coming this weekend.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Schif said:

Update: I let the AC run all night last night and all day today. When I came home it was blowing barely chilled air and the thermostat read 89

That sucks. We don’t have central air, but have a pool and a nice yard. If we were stuck in an apartment, it would probably be unbearable. 

33 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Six Flags has limited hours and Knoebels has many rides closed. Not enough help. And as far as not having enough lifeguards, I would never want one of my teenage kids to take a job like that nowadays. 

A family friend used to life guard at Dorney Park and said he literally saved lives every single day...the amount of people who cannot swim but go to a water park is apparently pretty large.  That same person also was a life guard at villanova’s pool for 4 years and never once had to jump in on duty

41 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Before the pandemic Dorney Park and other amusement parks also relied on European and South American kids on student work visas for seasonal jobs and there isn’t any of that now.  

8 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

A family friend used to life guard at Dorney Park and said he literally saved lives every single day...the amount of people who cannot swim but go to a water park is apparently pretty large.  That same person also was a life guard at villanova’s pool for 4 years and never once had to jump in on duty

There was a slide at dorney that was a short slide that dropped you into deep water and there were rescues like every ten minutes and mostly ghetto people who couldn’t swim.  Darwinism at its finest. There’s a TruTv episode that takes place at dorney Park. The former head of security there is now a south whitehall cop. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich