Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

8 hours ago, Benm said:

We had actually debated going but decided against it. Figured it would be out of control.

I'm curious -- how many people are usually day-passers as opposed to members? 

On Sunday I'd say it was 50/50. On Monday 65 / 35 maybe? On Sunday a fight broke out in the pool. The police were called.

7 hours ago, Schif said:

Update: I let the AC run all night last night and all day today. When I came home it was blowing barely chilled air and the thermostat read 89. 

HVAC guy is scheduled for next week. Really looking forward to the cool off coming this weekend.

Look to see if the condenser (outdoor unit) or any of the copper lines coming off of it are iced up.  If it is, shut it off and let it defrost.  Theres not much you can do about that cause its probably low on refrigerant, but it will work better once it defrosts.  If the condenser is all shitted up with grass clipping and leaves, take a hose to it.  

Was it blowing barely chilled air before you went into money saving mode and turned it off for the day?  I hate to say it, but you should have the A/C guy install a lock on the thermostat so you cant turn it off.    

25 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

On Sunday I'd say it was 50/50. On Monday 65 / 35 maybe? On Sunday a fight broke out in the pool. The police were called.

wow, way more guests than i expected.

stop starting fights in the pool.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Look to see if the condenser (outdoor unit) or any of the copper lines coming off of it are iced up.  If it is, shut it off and let it defrost.  Theres not much you can do about that cause its probably low on refrigerant, but it will work better once it defrosts.  If the condenser is all shitted up with grass clipping and leaves, take a hose to it.  

Was it blowing barely chilled air before you went into money saving mode and turned it off for the day?  I hate to say it, but you should have the A/C guy install a lock on the thermostat so you cant turn it off.    

It worked really well last week and the week before when I would turn it on. Even when I turned it back on after having it off for a day it was pretty good but just couldn't keep up. I'm up on the third floor of a building so that's not helping things either. I turned it completely off last night around 5 with the thought that I didn't want to just run an already depleted system into the ground. I didn't even have time to go outside and check on the unit itself. 

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones though and I spend from 7:30am until 9:30pm out of the house most days so I don't have to sit in there. 

22 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There was a slide at dorney that was a short slide that dropped you into deep water and there were rescues like every ten minutes and mostly ghetto people who couldn’t swim.  Darwinism at its finest. There’s a TruTv episode that takes place at dorney Park. The former head of security there is now a south whitehall cop. 

That was one of my favorite waterpark attractions. There was rarely any line to speak of and the pool was 10 feet deep so the water was always super cold at the bottom

8 hours ago, enjoralas said:

That was one of my favorite waterpark attractions. There was rarely any line to speak of and the pool was 10 feet deep so the water was always super cold at the bottom

They had one of those at Action Park, but I recall it was a tube.
I think the pond was a spring-fed quarry hole and the water temp felt like 34' in the middle of summer.
Made people get out ASAP!

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

They had one of those at Action Park, but I recall it was a tube.
I think the pond was a spring-fed quarry hole and the water temp felt like 34' in the middle of summer.
Made people get out ASAP!

They must use the same arctic chiller that Bear Creek uses to make snow. 

• Like 1

Update on the Broken AC Saga. I got home around 8:30 last night and the thermostat was reading 91. I went outside to check on the AC unit but I don't really know much about them and it was a different looking one that I've ever seen so that was kind of a waste. I opened the sliding glass doors and windows and used ceiling fans and box fans to blow the cooler air from the storm inside. This quickly dropped the temp to 84. I went to bed with it reading 82 and woke up with it at an even 80. 

Tuesday can't come fast enough at this point. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Update on the Broken AC Saga. I got home around 8:30 last night and the thermostat was reading 91. I went outside to check on the AC unit but I don't really know much about them and it was a different looking one that I've ever seen so that was kind of a waste. I opened the sliding glass doors and windows and used ceiling fans and box fans to blow the cooler air from the storm inside. This quickly dropped the temp to 84. I went to bed with it reading 82 and woke up with it at an even 80. 

Tuesday can't come fast enough at this point. 

I would have slept in my truck.  

Was the outside unit running? 

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Simple Steps to Troubleshoot a Frozen Evaporator Coil

Was the spinny thing just inside the top of this thing turning?  was this item making some noise?  

Hahaha. You're the best. 

If the unit was anything like that I could have figured something out last night. It's a very strange looking air conditioner. Rectangular box hanging on a wall outside in a closet with the furnace. Kind of has a tankless hot water heater vibe to it.  Without taking it apart, which sounds like a lot of work for me to not fix it anyway I have no idea what's going on. 

Should I give another update on the temperature when I get home? 

29 minutes ago, Schif said:

Hahaha. You're the best. 

If the unit was anything like that I could have figured something out last night. It's a very strange looking air conditioner. Rectangular box hanging on a wall outside in a closet with the furnace. Kind of has a tankless hot water heater vibe to it.  Without taking it apart, which sounds like a lot of work for me to not fix it anyway I have no idea what's going on. 

Should I give another update on the temperature when I get home? 

Yes please...if it’s not fixed Tuesday, you should stay at a hotel house and deduct the cost from that out of your rent...or stay at your girlfriends but bring Wally treats. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Schif said:

Here's the culprit.

PXL_20210702_003608885.jpg

PXL_20210702_003620787.jpg

PXL_20210702_003636015.jpg

PXL_20210702_003648946.jpg

Ok, so the Mr. Discomfort thing is an apartment type A/C unit.  that thing there is basically the same as the pic i posted, but way smaller.  So somewhere up in your living space you have an air handler pushing air through your vents, blah, blah blah.  

So the question remains, is that thing making noise when you turn it on?  the compressor is in there, so it should be making some noise when it kicks on, and there should be a fan pushing air out across the condenser.  

Ben has a good point, did it trip the breaker?  If you turn it on, and it doesnt make any noise, its for 2 reasons, no pow-wow, or its so low on freon it wont turn on.  Turning it off like you did, then trying to cool your place 20 degrees may have just put it into cardiac arrest with how hot it was, if it was already running a little low on freon.  That box to the right should just be a disconnect, no breaker there, the breaker will be where ever that line runs to, if its in your apartment.  

not knowing how big your apartment is, but looking at the size of the Mr. Playskool A/C, i would refrain from adjusting the thermostat.  set it and forget it.  

On 6/28/2021 at 6:36 PM, Schif said:

I turned the AC off when I went to work this morning. Saving money yes, but it might have been a mistake. 

This was the thermostat when I walked in from work. 

IMG_20210628_181827_01.jpg

@Schif- You can barely see the temp. With the $5 that you're saving, you might want to check this out. 🤪 https://join.skillshare.com/photography/

On 7/1/2021 at 3:08 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yes please...if it’s not fixed Tuesday, you should stay at a hotel house and deduct the cost from that out of your rent...or stay at your girlfriends but bring Wally treats. 

There was no room at the Inn.

noroom1_orig.jpg

I had some visitor who hog my king size bed.

91244444_IMG_5939(1).thumb.jpg.5112463e6bea0508ea110f070a8e13bf.jpg

• Boner City 1