Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

cant remember seeing this much rain before. looks like jim thorpe might get minor flooding.  

The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a

* Flood Warning for
  the Lehigh River At Lehighton.
* Until this afternoon.
* At 3:30 AM EDT Monday the river level was 8.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage early
  this morning to a crest of 10.5 feet. It should then fall back
  below flood stage late this morning.
* Impact...At 9.0 feet, open adjacent land in Lehigh Gorge State
  Park floods.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet, flooding begins in Jim Thorpe.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 10.5
  feet on 04/11/1993.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=phi&gage=lhtp1

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Benm said:

cant remember seeing this much rain before. looks like jim thorpe might get minor flooding.  

The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a

* Flood Warning for
  the Lehigh River At Lehighton.
* Until this afternoon.
* At 3:30 AM EDT Monday the river level was 8.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage early
  this morning to a crest of 10.5 feet. It should then fall back
  below flood stage late this morning.
* Impact...At 9.0 feet, open adjacent land in Lehigh Gorge State
  Park floods.
* Impact...At 10.0 feet, flooding begins in Jim Thorpe.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 10.5
  feet on 04/11/1993.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=phi&gage=lhtp1

I heard like 5 -6 inches over night in Carbon, saw some pics of flooded roads in my development, never heard of flooded roads in the development before.  

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say my crawlspace has quite a bit of water in it at this point.  

11 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I heard like 5 -6 inches over night in Carbon, saw some pics of flooded roads in my development, never heard of flooded roads in the development before.  

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say my crawlspace has quite a bit of water in it at this point.  

i have a small bucket outside that is filled to the top at 5". no idea how much spilled over.

I have a ton of empathy for anyone who’s had to work outside the last two days, it was god damn hot today while I was out playing golf. Drank at least a gallon and some change of water today and still felt exhausted after the round. 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I have a ton of empathy for anyone who’s had to work outside the last two days, it was god damn hot today while I was out playing golf. Drank at least a gallon and some change of water today and still felt exhausted after the round. 

Yesterday I was helping delivery guy in the cemetery reset knocked over tombstones.  We just did 5-6 and it was brutal.  This job we are doing is like 25-30 total and I’m charging $9,000 will probably take him 10 hours total and me a few hours more.  I drank four bottles of water and a 28 ounce Gatorade and peed only one time. Woke up sore AF today.  

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yesterday I was helping delivery guy in the cemetery reset knocked over tombstones.  We just did 5-6 and it was brutal.  This job we are doing is like 25-30 total and I’m charging $9,000 will probably take him 10 hours total and me a few hours more.  I drank four bottles of water and a 28 ounce Gatorade and peed only one time. Woke up sore AF today.  

How did they get knocked over? Vandalism or is it from something else like wind or erosion at the base? 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

How did they get knocked over? Vandalism or is it from something else like wind or erosion at the base? 

The cemetery is on a hill...some I believe lawn mowing or burial equipment, some were set without a foundation..this was over the course of decades. There are a lot of sink holes in this area which have also been the culprit. Definitely not wind.

I notice as I get older the weather bothers me less although the one day in April when I was in Colorado it was like 9 degrees out at 6am and I thought nope im staying in bed another hour and having the free breakfast vs driving a whole half mile to Einstein bagels....I sort of like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain cause if I’m real sweaty I can do my best milli vanilli and blame it on the rain...

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Has everyone built their arc for Wednesday?  I finished mine last night but won’t have time to get the animals 

Now that blue is under new ownership, I got a letter last week my houseboat had to be removed from the fishing pond. Apparently its an eyesore the new owners did not like. Just picked it up in case it will be needed tomorrow as an arc.

image.png.ef32f156df1b18c1ca28e407cd428f7f.png

I suspect by 6pm tomorrow there should be enough water for me to float down and pick you up?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There is a 50-50 chance that at this time tomorrow, I will walk into my storage bedroom to see the ceiling completely collapsed, had some nice new leaks during the 30 minute red cell last week and it is starting to bow.  Luckily my sleeping bedroom is leak free.  Getting buckets set up around the house tonight 

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

There is a 50-50 chance that at this time tomorrow, I will walk into my storage bedroom to see the ceiling completely collapsed, had some nice new leaks during the 30 minute red cell last week and it is starting to bow.  Luckily my sleeping bedroom is leak free.  Getting buckets set up around the house tonight 

Pretty nice that you have two bedrooms. Also did VTMark buy a pass for Blue?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

We recently had a leak in the bathroom ceiling. Went up on roof Friday and used maybe 2/3 gallon of patch around two suspect areas. Absolutely slathered it everywhere. 

Tomorrow will be the true testament as to whether or not it works.

Fortunately, I can move the shower curtain to drain anything into the tub if it doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

We recently had a leak in the bathroom ceiling. Went up on roof Friday and used maybe 2/3 gallon of patch around two suspect areas. Absolutely slathered it everywhere. 

Tomorrow will be the true testament as to whether or not it works.

Fortunately, I can move the shower curtain to drain anything into the tub if it doesn't. 

Holy crap. Your house sounds like a disaster between the electric and the roof leaking. Makes our internet problems seem very minimal. Good luck tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Holy crap. Your house sounds like a disaster between the electric and the roof leaking. Makes our internet problems seem very minimal. Good luck tomorrow. 

knock on wood the electric has been the only major problem so far. roof leaks can happen to anyone, so that doesn't bother me too much. 

my diy rain catcher system seems to be working TOO well. min 60gal already and i don't even think it rained that much yet. 

• Like 1