Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

29 minutes ago, Benm said:

knock on wood the electric has been the only major problem so far. roof leaks can happen to anyone, so that doesn't bother me too much. 

my diy rain catcher system seems to be working TOO well. min 60gal already and i don't even think it rained that much yet. 

speaking of collecting water, my rain collection barrel outside needs to be replaced. It cracked at the bottom and is slowly leaking. I just drained it to try and patch it but I might be in the market for another. Any idea where I can find something like that? This one I got from PSU when they rain a local sustainability clinic.

11 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

speaking of collecting water, my rain collection barrel outside needs to be replaced. It cracked at the bottom and is slowly leaking. I just drained it to try and patch it but I might be in the market for another. Any idea where I can find something like that? This one I got from PSU when they rain a local sustainability clinic.

i can't remember your pic, i think it was barrel shaped (maybe 55g)? you can prob get those at home depot. i've only looked on craigslist for a food grade IBC tote (also called water buffalo). nothing close has popped up. range from $40-75 used, 275gal. i'd only use it as grey water tho even if it's food grade (toilet, power wash, etc). 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Ask @skiincy where she got hers. They come with a screened lid and hose at the bottom. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I have a barrel at work in MALVERN, that had RV antifreeze in it, so on the scale of chemicals from mild to melt your face off, its pretty mild.  Its a pretty blue color, so it would really spice up the outdoor area.  In all seriousness though, try not to get another white one, colored ones wont get all yucky with algea.  

If a barrel can fit in your car, and u are down this way.  let me know. 

1000 LITER 275 GALLON PORTABLE LIQUID ICB TOTE ON ROOF OF FORD SUV - YouTube

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

I have a barrel at work in MALVERN, that had RV antifreeze in it, so on the scale of chemicals from mild to melt your face off, its pretty mild.  Its a pretty blue color, so it would really spice up the outdoor area.  In all seriousness though, try not to get another white one, colored ones wont get all yucky with algea.  

If a barrel can fit in your car, and u are down this way.  let me know. 

1000 LITER 275 GALLON PORTABLE LIQUID ICB TOTE ON ROOF OF FORD SUV - YouTube

i'm over here just thinking of what that car would look like if that thing was full of water (around 2300lb).

4 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Craigslist usually have some..