Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Really didnt get that much rain in Delco.  i was prepared with a pump in the well at the basement steps that flooded the basement last time, but i dont think it got to the point where it tripped the float.  Little puddle in the unfinished side.  

I see my power is still on in the Poconos, which means as long as the sump pump didnt burn up, my crawlspace should only have puddles in it, rather than looking like a swimming pool  

I just saw some pics of a competitors yard in Phoenixville, and they are right up against the schuykill, Everything under water.  rollers, paving boxes, dumptrucks.  So bad.  i would say like most of his shit is ruined.  I dont wish that on anybody, but i have to wonder why they wouldnt move stuff knowing the river will be at flood stage.  We moved trucks out of our low lying area in our parking lot.  

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I just saw some pics of a competitors yard in Phoenixville, and they are right up against the schuykill, Everything under water.  rollers, paving boxes, dumptrucks.  So bad.  i would say like most of his shit is ruined.  I dont wish that on anybody, but i have to wonder why they wouldnt move stuff knowing the river will be at flood stage.  We moved trucks out of our low lying area in our parking lot.  

Maybe you’re company will pick up some of their jobs.  

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Fortunately, We dont need to pick up anybody else work.  

WTGAI..one of our competitors in Allentown went out of business a few years ago and they left a lot of people high and dry(weather related part) so they came to us.  I feel bad for people who had to buy twice. 

1 hour ago, trackbiker said:

That bridge isn't actually over a creek. It was moved to the park in 1957 when it was replaced. It was scheduled to be refurbished. Now it will just take a little more work.

Reminds me of that bridge over troubled waters song.  It’s by Simon and Garfunkel for you younger guys and gals. 

Ever since I was a kid I was fascinated by the dry dam on 282 north of glenmoore.  I’ve never, ever seen it with water behind it. That changed with this storm (last pic). When I was a kid there was no fencing and we would play right near the spillway.  Each one of those “sections” has 4 concrete blocks we would jump back and forth from. They have fencing now and you can’t get as close.  I do not understand the point of those various “sections” as there is only one spillway there (I’m guessing for structural support?  @Schif might know).  I see the emergency spillway at top of first pic but doesn’t look like it needed to be used 

821BBF36-7737-4D4C-B9B7-88C82E72EA81.png.b32249550fe867d5c3f902c30d06f48b.png0568FB5E-FC13-4414-B3D5-B85675B8E402.png.6966c5863c0b6410fde61df87d062ab1.pngAB727348-4FAC-4372-BE4E-4073BAFE9931.png.92f314cf7e59f8455cc8aed334541826.pngE89D6AED-BE3D-4AA6-843E-D77C89238C1C.png.af89b966f93ab593af05d64ea99daf18.png

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

People around this way are worried about the storms coming through tonight.  Looks like it could be spotty but some potentially very strong cells

My customer was telling me about a local old man who went outside to check on his pool during last weeks storm and he ended up falling in the pool and drowning.  Sheesh. 

• Sad 1

On 9/1/2021 at 8:41 AM, Schif said:

Ask @skiincy where she got hers. They come with a screened lid and hose at the bottom. 

Schifdog loathes my rain barrels. He makes fun of them on the regular. He asked, “did you calculate the square footage of your rain runoff to determine how many you need” so… 🥸

spoiler: I didn’t calculate anything. I just impulse purchased on amazon. 

I got these guys. I like them. 

Amazon - rain barrels

i have gutters that put the water on a small garden bed. So I wanted the rain barrels to hold the water and slowly release it. And to prevent excess water from seeping below.