Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

41 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Still waiting for chairlift pics from @Benm @toast21602 @mbike-ski

Thanks for the reminder. I definitely need to get to work on that. I have some ideas and I think I'm leaning towards something with wooden seats. I like doing woodworking when I can so it seems like it would be a nice addition. Maybe something like this?

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 5.11.32 PM.png

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nah, I don't wanna spend money. Last year I had to shovel 2 feet right before I left for Whiteface. I was pissed at the Perder but then I loved the Perder.

Whiteface is off to a good start they have 40something trails open.  @ridge said whiteface is better than Vermont 

• Boner City 1

6 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Thanks for the reminder. I definitely need to get to work on that. I have some ideas and I think I'm leaning towards something with wooden seats. I like doing woodworking when I can so it seems like it would be a nice addition. Maybe something like this?

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 5.11.32 PM.png

That'll require some metal work to build legs for it unless you plan on hanging it like a swing.

Weather in the notch has been hanging at or near freezing with a handful of days near 0 or single digits. we've had 2 decent snowfalls and some intermittent flurries, but nothing boner worthy at this point. Looks like Madonna (M1) should be opening Friday. Saturday might be warm with light rain turning to snow into Sunday, but no big dump based on current forecast. Basically doing 3-5 laps a day just to keep busy and work the legs. I didn't get the Epic pass this year, if I can't travel west, just skiing Stowe occasionally isn't worth the $ for me this season.

1 hour ago, moe ghoul said:

Weather in the notch has been hanging at or near freezing with a handful of days near 0 or single digits. we've had 2 decent snowfalls and some intermittent flurries, but nothing boner worthy at this point. Looks like Madonna (M1) should be opening Friday. Saturday might be warm with light rain turning to snow into Sunday, but no big dump based on current forecast. Basically doing 3-5 laps a day just to keep busy and work the legs. I didn't get the Epic pass this year, if I can't travel west, just skiing Stowe occasionally isn't worth the $ for me this season.

Do you have any interest in getting back to Jackson hole?  

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you have any interest in getting back to Jackson hole?  

Interest? All the time, especially when I read the annual trip reports out there and see a dozen reminders of the place. The bar I built should be a pretty good clue! I'll get back out again.

• Like 2

Shit getting real here. My Jeep is at a mechanic in the next town over that is literally burning to the ground. We tried to pick it up when they called to say it was done and in the span of an hour the fire got insane and we were turned around by police. I have a feeling it’s not gonna make it. 

horrific watching live footage of homes burning. 100 structures burned to the ground so far. The fire is only about 4 hours old 

Edited by Barb
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Barb said:

Shit getting real here. My Jeep is at a mechanic in the next town over that is literally burning to the ground. We tried to pick it up when they called to say it was done and in the span of an hour the fire got insane and we were turned around by police. I have a feeling it’s not gonna make it. 

horrific watching live footage of homes burning. 100 structures burned to the ground so far. The fire is only about 4 hours old 

Yikes (vibes) I was watching some news footage. It’s insane. 

stay safe and keep us posted! 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Barb said:

Holy crap. Stay safe Barb. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1