Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It’s not the beltzville bouy, but rather it’s southern cousin the giant flying mushroom, and it has pinned early and suddenly, if the mushrooms predictions are correct, should be a good 4” which is a lot according to some women, right @GrilledSteezeSandwich

Cool I've got some touring places around Beltzville . It's been a long time sine I've done shrooms but I'll trust you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

This should send some of those city skiers north to the Poconos to go skiing. Snow in their area means double that up in the mountains, right?

309871967_ScreenShot2022-01-03at7_29_04AM.thumb.png.7d03258cae1265f0dc91afb63f791cbc.png

those people would be Two platers, since its not snowing at all in PA. 

As much as I want to be mad about the snow going south, those areas are overdue and haven’t had a nice snowfall in years.  DC, Maryland, and south Jersey were the only places in the country that got screwed last winter in regards to snow, the mason Dixon line essentially separated a snowy winter from a non-existant one 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

As much as I want to be mad about the snow going south, those areas are overdue and haven’t had a nice snowfall in years.  DC, Maryland, and south Jersey were the only places in the country that got screwed last winter in regards to snow, the mason Dixon line essentially separated a snowy winter from a non-existant one 

Those people don’t like snow, we do. My friend is flying back from Disney world today and is dreading the cold.  Today’s temperature feels perfect.  29 and breezy is perfect t shirt and hoodie weather. 

35 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Accuweather says go big or go home for Thurs/Fri.  

image.png.debc90dda32e9f5c1e7bb786b348843f.png

I hope so. I really don’t want to work a full week.  Already had a customer today asking me for compensation because their job took five months instead of 3 months.  Sure sure $100 off squeaky wheel discount. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope so. I really don’t want to work a full week.  Already had a customer today asking me for compensation because their job took five months instead of 3 months.  Sure sure $100 off squeaky wheel discount. 

They are all in for Albrightsville.  17".  

Those are actually big numbers for Accuweather to be putting out right now.  i think there is a 75% chance of me bailing on work to ski 20% of the trails at Blue.  

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

They are all in for Albrightsville.  17".  

Those are actually big numbers for Accuweather to be putting out right now.  i think there is a 75% chance of me bailing on work to ski 20% of the trails at Blue.  

lolwut? 17"? from this thing on Thursday-Friday? Maybe they meant 1.7" I saw the buoy bumping but haven't seen it jump anywhere high enough for be putting out 17" I could be wrong... but the buoy is usually right. 

24 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

lolwut? 17"? from this thing on Thursday-Friday? Maybe they meant 1.7" I saw the buoy bumping but haven't seen it jump anywhere high enough for be putting out 17" I could be wrong... but the buoy is usually right. 

No Photoshop on my end.

image.png.f8641a835d69472df31ea015a93521c8.png

Definitely does not correspond from the data i saw from the Buoy.  

I never put a lot of faith in what accuweather says for amounts, really almost anytime let alone 4 days out.  Usually 4 days out they would have a snowflake symbol on Friday, with no amounts.  Like i said, they are really going all in on this one.  

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

No Photoshop on my end.

image.png.f8641a835d69472df31ea015a93521c8.png

Definitely does not correspond from the data i saw from the Buoy.  

I never put a lot of faith in what accuweather says for amounts, really almost anytime let alone 4 days out.  Usually 4 days out they would have a snowflake symbol on Friday, with no amounts.  Like i said, they are really going all in on this one.  

that doesn't look like Accuweather graphics / interface? WinterAlarm wtf?

11 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Clouds are clearing. First sunset in a long time. Clear skies are going to help plummet temps to the mid-teens tonight. Places are definitely going to be able to show off their snowmaking tonight 🙌

10F833D6-5C41-48BD-AC5E-BFC818E0DCED.jpeg

I knew you’d post a sunset picture and I’m not putting much faith in Friday’s storm. 

1 hour ago, mbike-ski said:

that doesn't look like Accuweather graphics / interface? WinterAlarm wtf?

Its accuweatherpro. And its actually their “legacy” site….im not a fan of the new site. 
8E26C05D-C457-4AE1-92FE-75EA2FF02094.thumb.png.1b9046d47b9c86e9f7f80a8324a290fb.png

and just like that, now they have 4.1”. Thats more in line with what i would consider normal-ish for them at this point. 

• Like 1