Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

4 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

“The Buoy “ Is the lake froze yet? 

The buoy is located in one of the more "trashy" (for lack of a nicer term) areas in the lake.  with the contaminates there, it rarely actually freezes.  it get slushy, but unless its like below 15 degrees for a week or so, it wont freeze.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

“The Buoy “ Is the lake froze yet? 

11 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

The buoy is located in one of the more "trashy" (for lack of a nicer term) areas in the lake.  with the contaminates there, it rarely actually freezes.  it get slushy, but unless its like below 15 degrees for a week or so, it wont freeze.  

Yeah, and I believe the legend of the Beltzville Buoy isn’t that it’s tidal based as much as the changes in barometric pressure that pass through the area a few days before a winter storm comes in cause a unique interaction with the fiberfill in the used diapers increasing their buoyancy, which makes the buoy pop. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Yeah, and I believe the legend of the Beltzville Buoy isn’t that it’s tidal based as much as the changes in barometric pressure that pass through the area a few days before a winter storm comes in cause a unique interaction with the fiberfill in the used diapers increasing their buoyancy, which makes the buoy pop. 

And I thought those were fresh water jelly fish . 

38 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Kyle you might be in the bullseye..maybe do some cross country snowboarding tomorrow 

Not in the bullseye, all the compost steam from the mushroom houses creates a microclimate around kennett square where it melts the snow at about 1000’ and turns it to rain and we’re left with 33° temps and rain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Not in the bullseye, all the compost steam from the mushroom houses creates a microclimate around kennett square where it melts the snow at about 1000’ and turns it to rain and we’re left with 33° temps and rain. 

Oh wow just wow maybe that explains why @Philpugmoved from there to Tahoe 

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Buoy is bouncing around for the 25th, and the 31st.  This one looks like she is sliding off the coast more.  Saturdays thing is going out to sea as well.  Seems to be a pattern there.  

Saw the same thing on the buoy cam this morning. A little unsettled still. but could end up being something of one of the two events. I'll check the cams again on Sunday.

We had freezing rain here yesterday. The roads, the sidewalks were absolutely awful.  I delayed leaving for CB until today and planned to leave first thing. It’s still a skating rink so hopefully when the sun comes up it will burn it off. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

lol. There is a dusting of snow out there with maybe an inch to come. 

Dusting here too. School isn't closed per sae. What they do is give the kids a packet of work and say do it at home and turn it in tomorrow. So it counts as a school day basically. They call it FID day which is what they did today "due to road conditions". Some days they do all virtual and make them log in from their ipads. Either way...I think the days of actual school closure when it snows where kids can enjoy the snow are coming to an end....sadly.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Dusting here too. School isn't closed per sae. What they do is give the kids a packet of work and say do it at home and turn it in tomorrow. So it counts as a school day basically. They call it FID day which is what they did today "due to road conditions". Some days they do all virtual and make them log in from their ipads. Either way...I think the days of actual school closure when it snows where kids can enjoy the snow are coming to an end....sadly.

checked and PV is open (i need to know if i have to beat a school bus), saw a lot of 2hr delays.

i'm curious how the roads are. took the dog out around 4:30 and it felt like an ice rink on the concrete.

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Buoy wiggle this morning indicates something might be 5 days out. Could be the Beltzville sandfish just snacking off the algae on the bottom of it, but could also be something more. Keep an eye on the track of the potential Saturday weather event...

What about tonight? Could be a sneaky peach like Yesterday. Another under the radar clipper! 

On 1/24/2022 at 9:22 AM, toast21602 said:

Buoy wiggle this morning indicates something might be 5 days out. Could be the Beltzville sandfish just snacking off the algae on the bottom of it, but could also be something more. Keep an eye on the track of the potential Saturday weather event...

Buoy looks to be jiggling a bit more this morning...