Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Local schools have early dismissal today because of the thunderstorms coming this afternoon.  Seems a bit extreme to let school out for a thunderstorm 

edit: manager just asked us to move cars in the shop for potential hail.  I’ve been witness to 2 hail storms at the dealership and it is quite the nightmare

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Local schools have early dismissal today because of the thunderstorms coming this afternoon.  Seems a bit extreme to let school out for a thunderstorm 

edit: manager just asked us to move cars in the shop for potential hail.  I’ve been witness to 2 hail storms at the dealership and it is quite the nightmare

Yeah, I'm thankful for that early dismissal, because the text alerted me to the storm. When I looked it up, it said potential for large hail so I went and moved some things in my garage so I could pull my truck in off the driveway.

Of course, since I did that, we won't get any major hail up this way. 

49 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Kids today are so soft 

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Most likely due to the timing of the storm, can’t have kids on a school bus during severe weather. They’ll catch shit either way. “They dismissed early for no reason” “I can’t believe they made my little Timmy ride a bus in a tornado warning” 

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Most likely due to the timing of the storm, can’t have kids on a school bus during severe weather. They’ll catch shit either way. “They dismissed early for no reason” “I can’t believe they made my little Timmy ride a bus in a tornado warning” 

I was thinking more of the hail and the walkers, or walking home from the bus

In a complete first... They closed our school at noon today due to weather...on may 16th. It rained.

Edit I didn't read all the posts above. At least I know now that our school district isn't completely crazy since others dismissed early also

Edited by RidgeRacer

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Some of the PASRs try to hold out on using heat in the fall I wonder if any will hold out on using AC this weekend..by Monday it will be cool again. 

No way.  i prefer to be cold over hot.  A/C has already been tested at my house.  Oddly enough, its currently 60 degrees in my house in the Poconos.  Its gonna be wonderful. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Schif said:

My AC is broken again. Just having the entire thing replaced at this point. Unfortunately it won't be until Wednesday of next week. Wish me luck. 

i had mine serviced last year, which is when they found where its leaking refrigerant.  so, of course "i need a whole new system due to its age".  Pricey.  luckily, i have a big jug of refrigerant that i will give it a little shot of every year until if finally explodes.  

• Like 1

I’ll jump on the AC issues train. Woke up this morning to what sounded like my dog peeing on the floor, unfortunately it wasn’t. I’m not sure if the copper line is split going from the outside unit to the unit in the attic or if the condensation pump is having issues and it’s leaking down the line in the picture. Luckily the previous owner had a home warranty that transferred to me, $100 deductible to have someone come out and fix the issue. I could probably section the damaged line myself with a shark bite but I don’t have pipe cutters down here and by the time I would get all the supplies I would need, I would be close to the $100 deductible anyway. 

9BD434BD-9DB4-43FD-9B23-16FCD8C9E87E.jpeg

1CF1D182-CD53-4738-A3C3-A2896B3CFDCC.jpeg

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I’ll jump on the AC issues train. Woke up this morning to what sounded like my dog peeing on the floor, unfortunately it wasn’t. I’m not sure if the copper line is split going from the outside unit to the unit in the attic or if the condensation pump is having issues and it’s leaking down the line in the picture. Luckily the previous owner had a home warranty that transferred to me, $100 deductible to have someone come out and fix the issue. I could probably section the damaged line myself with a shark bite but I don’t have pipe cutters down here and by the time I would get all the supplies I would need, I would be close to the $100 deductible anyway. 

9BD434BD-9DB4-43FD-9B23-16FCD8C9E87E.jpeg

1CF1D182-CD53-4738-A3C3-A2896B3CFDCC.jpeg

That’s refrigerant piping DO NOT Cut! 
The large line is the vapor line and sweats like crazy. Wrap up the exposed copper and the problem should go away, if it doesn’t have someone check the system out, could be a number of things. 

I think Abasin was the winner with 18”. Hard to say how much we got here, it’s like cement. Still lightly snowing. 
B2A69F4E-CBC0-4FC0-98C8-700C7CFCBA46.thumb.jpeg.f41d2683bfe8032d017b156426852925.jpeg

A5F9C196-F7BF-4AEE-ACEC-E4728F3AC276.thumb.jpeg.ca9539a3a57ab2b1242b2e7c07d0481c.jpeg

after our morning walk my weirdo dog just wanted to go in the yard and take a nap in the snow. 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

The large line is the vapor line and sweats like crazy. Wrap up the exposed copper and the problem should go away, if it doesn’t have someone check the system out, could be a number of things. 

Yeah it’s leaking from the larger vapor line. I paid the deductible to have someone come out and do it because frankly, I just don’t feel like dealing with it. 

in the meantime I have a bucket under the line to see if the problem persists throughout the day today. 

Edited by Kyle

47 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

There should be a drain line from the collection pan underneath the unit going outside, usually discharging underground. There should also be a second line set a little bit higher in the pan from the first line that discharges where you can see it. If that second line starts dripping, then you know the first line is plugged.