Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

It was apocalyptic here for about 20 minutes yesterday. Hail, thunder, rain etc. Garage flooded 

Damn. I wish we would get some rain. I finally drained the last drop from my collection barrel last night so I had to use the hose for the first time this summer to water the garden.

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s finally raining hard.  Also housekeeping turned my AC to 60 degrees today. When I got back from work it was so cold my nipples could cut glass.  I keep it at like 72 at work and in the hotel house 68ish

Wait for the rest of this week, you'll be clamoring for those 60' temperatures!

56 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Got that right as there's always beer!

I was at an outdoor party on Sunday and in addition to a live band and even a Congo line was a very sweaty GSS and it was like 85 and humid that day. My mom always wants to dine outside when it’s hot like this.   

For some reason I thought you brought your own beer at Steelstacks. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

good god, this weekends weather looks horrible.  When they break out the red thermostat, you know its just no good.  

image.png.c0703f5be7ce6e87679fcce1ee892d9a.png

@Schif dont be going and playing with the thermostat.  leave it alone.  

We're headed out to Lyman Run / cherry springs. thankfully it'll be much cooler there but if it rains and is cloudy at night (per the forecast) I'm gonna lose my shit. Going to cherry springs without seeing the stars is like going to Snowbird and skiing the learning area.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

good god, this weekends weather looks horrible.  When they break out the red thermostat, you know its just no good.  

The thermostat is set and I haven't touched it since Sunday, mostly because I've been in a house with no AC in the Poconos since then. 

Hopefully it's fine when I get back Friday. 

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Good thing I decided not to go to Pocono this weekend.

• Haha 1

i'll let yall know how it goes.

still trying to sort out the ticket situation since it's really, really weird this year. 100 level sold out and there's next to nothing decent for $95 retail further up near start finish. i don't know if scalpers will be out in force like usual.

normally i'd drive up around 9, find two rando tickets for $40/pair, be back home by 10, start party rockin and getting ready, then head up around 11/12. 

we'd just sit anywhere, the tix were just to get in. that might not be an option this time around with the crowds and limited supply of cheap tix. im freaking out a tiny bit at the thought of having to pay $200 for two 'meh' seats.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That heat would be fierce up there. It's always hot to begin with, and I'm sure it will rain on turn two and nowhere else.

Funny you says that about the rain...

My cousin and I went 3 summers ago. It was a very similar day at 95+ degrees but overall a beautiful day minus the heat. About 2/3rds thru the race it starting drizzling out of nowhere! They put the race under yellow but kept the cars on pace laps. The rain lasted 5-10 minutes and once the rain was over the track "dried" almost instantly because it was so damn hot.

It was awesome for the fans because it allowed us to cool off a little bit.

653F6F66-7E0B-49A2-B3E7-82B2D1B5E6D5.thumb.jpeg.e1ecd1bf196c01da6cb2f7e9d513fc6c.jpeg

Edited by antman12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

Good thing I decided not to go to Pocono this weekend.

I didnt even think about the race, as i am heading up, since it will be so much cooler up there than MALVERN. 

image.png.7bce3952a75e63f8da43785e3533b644.png

Race will be brutal to say the least.