Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

22 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They’re both utterly pissed at this hurricane.  

Tell them to move somewhere that isnt prone to hurricanes.  Seriously, like it kills me when people in the Outer Banks are interviewed after a hurricane fucks their shit up, and they say "this is the third time we have had this happen."  

So, the thought never crossed your mind building a house on a barrier island might make it kind of likely to sustain damage from storms?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Job security for you.  

Yup. Bread and butter season for me, I’ll find out on Monday if I’m getting sent to Florida or doing the catastrophe work virtually. Lots of OT and bonus pay to be had. 

11 hours ago, Mixilplix said:

Ian really bitch slapped Florida...Some of the footage coming out of there is wild...

Yeah its pretty bad from what I've seen.  Sanibel island is cut off from the main land after the causeway collapsed.   One of my favorite fishing spots...my friend has a house a few miles inland, haven't heard yet how the house held up.  Central Florida got hit hard too, my cousins house near Orlando flooded pretty bad 

1 hour ago, PSUFly said:

Yeah its pretty bad from what I've seen.  Sanibel island is cut off from the main land after the causeway collapsed.   One of my favorite fishing spots...my friend has a house a few miles inland, haven't heard yet how the house held up.  Central Florida got hit hard too, my cousins house near Orlando flooded pretty bad 

Charlestown area is going to get hard now as well. 

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Stay safe. Are there evacuation orders for you guys?

No, it was recommended for areas prone to flooding but nothing was ever an “order”. I live far enough inland I don’t need to worry about tidal flooding. Hasn’t been too bad here yet, a couple more dark red cells to pass through between now and 3am according to the radar and then we should be in the clear.