Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

14 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i would be willing to make a wager that Killington cancels or postpones their ski race for the end of November too.  

It depends what the weather brings in two weeks.  They’ve pulled it off before in a pretty small window.  As Johnny law says,”with shorter daylight hours it has to get cold eventually”

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It depends what the weather brings in two weeks.  They’ve pulled it off before in a pretty small window.  As Johnny law says,”with shorter daylight hours it has to get cold eventually”

i dont disagree with basically at some point, it has to get cold.  but i just dont see it for a little while.  hope im wrong.  

Just now, JFskiDan said:

i dont disagree with basically at some point, it has to get cold.  but i just dont see it for a little while.  hope im wrong.  

It doesn’t matter to me if it gets cold in the first half of November..as long as blue is open before like mid December I’m happy.  

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think he says something about the Earth's rotation around the sun too. 

49 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Google it.  It’s good for the Rockies and bad for us. 

Joe Bastardi  Saturday summary on La Nina  , scroll down  ...He has been cold biased in the past but more middle of the road with his forecasts.

https://www.weatherbell.com/

Edited by AirheadD8

4 hours ago, toast21602 said:

unfortunately I don't think they are in a rush to put down snow until that lift is done.

The more i think that relying on the new lift to work right out of the box, perfect, and blow a bunch of snow on trails that only that lift services, could be the mother of all fuck ups.  But, i guess they have the tot lift or what ever it is, as a back up, but its not a great plan.  If they blow on paradise, sunny delight, and then move to like challenge, those are trails that can be serviced by both the quad and six.  Cause we all know, neither of those lifts will run for an entire day without needing to put some more quarters in it.  

i still think when it gets cold, Blue will make snow.  What they make snow on really depends on how that lift is coming along, and their confidence level in it.  We all know, even new stuff can break.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m surprised at the lack of chatter in the new lift thread.  I guess I should check the webcams

Thanks, I hope that lift is finally up and running this weekend so I can take a scenic leaf viewing ride up Blue Mountain the true mountain. Let us know what you find out from the webcams!!

Edited by saltyant