Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

With the way the long range forecast is, I think this gonna be one of those seasons when VT, NY and PA areas all open about the same time.  

It does really look that way right now.  I keep hearing about a pattern flip mid month, but that remains to be seen.  im still going with K is gonna have a hard time pulling off their ski race, which, of course doesnt bode well for us either.  

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

It does really look that way right now.  I keep hearing about a pattern flip mid month, but that remains to be seen.  im still going with K is gonna have a hard time pulling off their ski race, which, of course doesnt bode well for us either.  

That sad thing about all of this is that the buoy isn't even up and running yet this winter. They took it in for maintenance over the summer so hopefully it will be back out soon ready for a fresh pop. 

• Sad 1

On 11/3/2022 at 12:41 PM, JFskiDan said:

of course i am intrigued by the big sno cone maker, but honestly it looks like a really expensive, possibly impractical toy.  it will be interesting to follow along.  

It seems strange that spring would buy something like that, especially when their lifts look like they are about to collapse. I wonder if it's just to fill patches between snowmaking weather?

1 hour ago, rgrwilco said:

It seems strange that spring would buy something like that, especially when their lifts look like they are about to collapse. I wonder if it's just to fill patches between snowmaking weather?

Thats kinda what i was thinking. It looks like it has limited area it can cover. 

Snowmaking temperatures return November 13th, could we be in for a Root Friday miracle?  First weekend of December would be alright as well, I’m not greedy. One thing I’ve noticed is this fall overnight lows have been lower than forecast..I’m sure that will change as we get into inversion season. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Snowmaking temperatures return November 13th, could we be in for a Root Friday miracle?  First weekend of December would be alright as well, I’m not greedy. One thing I’ve noticed is this fall overnight lows have been lower than forecast..I’m sure that will change as we get into inversion season. 

Anything before Mardi Gras is a bonus.

• Haha 1