Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much is your electric bill?  I believe there’s lot rent as well for trailer courts.  TP4 do you watch trailer park boys?

Lot rent: $365/month

Electricity: $200/month on avg (got f^ed by the weather in Dec)

Taxes: virtually zero

Garbage: $30/month

Edited by saltyant

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much is your electric bill?  I believe there’s lot rent as well for trailer courts.  TP4 do you watch trailer park boys?

My first water bill here was $525 for one month as they said I used 14,000 gallons of water.  Called the Water company and they said “go fuck your self, there must be a leak like a toilet.”  Two different plumbers were hired, both confirmed no leaks. Water company inspects meter, says it works fine, I owe them $525.  Landlord raises hell, water company says “great news, you only owe $300 instead of $525.”  Landlord goes nuclear and gets the state involved, has water company install new meter. 2 months pass…water company says “our bad, it turns out our meter was indeed faulty, you only used $35 worth of water.”  Come to present day, my bill still hasn’t been adjusted to reflect I don’t owe the $300 (they claim the next bill will reflect this)

actually have never seen trailer park boys

Edited by theprogram4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Lot rent: $365/month

Electricity: $200/month on avg (got f^ed by the weather in Dec)

Taxes: virtually zero

Garbage: $30/month

I know that I compared my Nov or Dec to last year's bill and it was a significant difference with the same usage. I'm not sure who your provider is, but ours (PPL) had one of the biggest increases if I remember correctly. You might not even be using any more electric than normal. Might be worth looking at. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, saltyant said:

Yeah I forgot about that it's $850 a year

That’s not that bad my business bills for utilities aren’t bad but the electric bill has gone up from about $100 per month to about $130 a month with the PpL increases.  We have a dumpster so trash bill is high and getting higher. Phone bill has actually gone down with our new phone system..we have a lot of lines going and even a designated fax line that we also use for merchant services.  It’s so fun paying bills…not

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

My first water bill here was $525 for one month as they said I used 14,000 gallons of water.  Called the Water company and they said “go fuck your self, there must be a leak like a toilet.”  Two different plumbers were hired, both confirmed no leaks. Water company inspects meter, says it works fine, I owe them $525.  Landlord raises hell, water company says “great news, you only owe $300 instead of $525.”  Landlord goes nuclear and gets the state involved, has water company install new meter. 2 months pass…water company says “our bad, it turns out our meter was indeed faulty, you only used $35 worth of water.”  Come to present day, my bill still hasn’t been adjusted to reflect I don’t owe the $300 (they claim the next bill will reflect this)

actually have never seen trailer park boys

In my old apartment there was a slow leak in the bath tub and it turned out hundreds of gallons of water per week was being wasted.  Now 14,000 gallons that seems like enough to fill a large swimming pool.  I don’t know.  

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

In my old apartment there was a slow leak in the bath tub and it turned out hundreds of gallons of water per week was being wasted.  Now 14,000 gallons that seems like enough to fill a large swimming pool.  I don’t know.  

14k gallons of water in a month would be like turning on a typical kitchen faucet full blast and letting it run for more than 4 hours every day. That would be one hell of a toilet leak.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

26 minutes ago, Benm said:

I know that I compared my Nov or Dec to last year's bill and it was a significant difference with the same usage. I'm not sure who your provider is, but ours (PPL) had one of the biggest increases if I remember correctly. You might not even be using any more electric than normal. Might be worth looking at. 

The PPL increase was at least 30% apparently they use alot of gas and diesel fuel to run all their electrical stuff and with fuel prices high they did a big increase and now gas prices are moderate but I don’t see them reducing the price. 

9 hours ago, enjoralas said:

14k gallons of water in a month is equivalent to drinking two and a half 16.9 oz bottles of water every minute of every day, around the clock. That would be one hell of a leak in the toilet.

On top of that you'd have to piss it all out and then use even more flushing the toilet!

18 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Beisy Pizarro on Twitter: "On Planet Bullshit! In the galaxy of This Sucks  Camel Dicks! https://t.co/k9uColDBKF" / Twitter

Trying to keep my happy face on, but, the forecast is dismall.  possibly some snowmaking oppurtunities this weekend, of course after it rains, but these small overnight sessions arent going to allow us to get the jam on NMDW.  Meanwhile, it wont quit fucking snowing out west.  

La Nina is real this year... unfortunately 

• Sad 1

My 11th season up here and it's pretty much a shit sandwich weather wise making it one of the worst so far. They opened M2 during the holiday week briefly. Currently pouring rain at 2AM. Very limited trails available. On the bright side, I only paid $199 for my season pass. When I refilled my card they prompted me for the Seniors rate but that applies to age 71 and up.

Yesterday the oil company delivered my first automatic winter season fill. I needed 4.2 gallons of oil to fill the tank @$3.999/ gal.

This summer I replaced my old air conditioning system with a new heat pump system, and have been using that almost exclusively for heat. Temp set @ 68*.

An hour after the fill up the oil company called to ask if something is blocking the fill pipe....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rummy said:

Yesterday the oil company delivered my first automatic winter season fill. I needed 4.2 gallons of oil to fill the tank @$3.999/ gal.

This summer I replaced my old air conditioning system with a new heat pump system, and have been using that almost exclusively for heat. Temp set @ 68*.

An hour after the fill up the oil company called to ask if something is blocking the fill pipe....

They burned more driving out to you, lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rummy said:

im a huge fan of heat pumps.  Basically all the Older homes up by me in the Poconos are electric baseboard.  So of course people are always on FB asking how to combat $300-400 a month electric bills, even though they are part time.  I have been saying heat pump for years, and i get the "its too cold for heat pumps in this area", from the experts on FB.  

I have to be going on 10 years since i put the one in, and then i moved that one to a bedroom, and bought a huge one to replace that one that was in the living room, which is also the kitchen and dining room.  I just got my bill yesterday, last month was $85.  Granted, there was just one real cold snap, but i was also there for 8 days around Christmas, and i think my shed is better insulated than my house......its so bad.   I put both of them on 50 when i leave, and they probably do 75% of the heating when im not there.  

I would put one in my primary home, but that one is gas, and its probably pretty break even between gas and elcetric most times.  

As much as i like mini-splits, i dont like the octopus climbing up your wall going to multiple head units.  i did a pretty good job of disguising mine.  

Does yours auto switch between oil and heat pump?  what degree?

35 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

im a huge fan of heat pumps.  Basically all the Older homes up by me in the Poconos are electric baseboard.  So of course people are always on FB asking how to combat $300-400 a month electric bills, even though they are part time.  I have been saying heat pump for years, and i get the "its too cold for heat pumps in this area", from the experts on FB.  

I have to be going on 10 years since i put the one in, and then i moved that one to a bedroom, and bought a huge one to replace that one that was in the living room, which is also the kitchen and dining room.  I just got my bill yesterday, last month was $85.  Granted, there was just one real cold snap, but i was also there for 8 days around Christmas, and i think my shed is better insulated than my house......its so bad.   I put both of them on 50 when i leave, and they probably do 75% of the heating when im not there.  

I would put one in my primary home, but that one is gas, and its probably pretty break even between gas and elcetric most times.  

As much as i like mini-splits, i dont like the octopus climbing up your wall going to multiple head units.  i did a pretty good job of disguising mine.  

Does yours auto switch between oil and heat pump?  what degree?

The last time the price of oil soared I dumped the stinky oil furnace and went with a hybrid heat pump/propane system.
The majority of the time it's running the heat pump, but on those brutal cold days the propane will take over and fire up. 
It's also a staged burner so that if it's just over the brink of being too cold for the heat pump, only one set of burners kick on and then modulates up to all burners when it's crazy cold.

• Like 1