Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

27 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Dang, you're living it up. I figured you're a Motel 6 or Super 8 kinda guy. The breakfast at the Comfort Inn at Rutland is pretty good, the cereal was fresh Frosted Flakes and the milk was nice and cold.

Tried 6 and 8 and learned my lesson

Best Western right off Interstate gets my vote for a place near Stowe. Nice breakfast there too. 

• Thanks 1

Possibility of a nice window Fri afternoon with some soft snow after the rain stops and before the freeze over. Could be the best conditions of the weekend as well as fairly empty. It'll be a bit like threading a needle to hit it - hope to be at either Roundtop, JFrost or Shawnee in that window - monitoring where it is most likely to get its fullest expression. 

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Possibility of a nice window Fri afternoon with some soft snow after the rain stops and before the freeze over. Could be the best conditions of the weekend as well as fairly empty. It'll be a bit like threading a needle to hit it - hope to be at either Roundtop, JFrost or Shawnee in that window - monitoring where it is most likely to get its fullest expression. 

Take off tomorrow..pull the twins out of school and get the $45 ticket for Blue.  Tomorrow is the day.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@toast21602 is probably pumped, it’s warm enough for the grass to grow. 

Nah, I kind of want snow. As much as I enjoy sitting outside right now at work, we have only had a handful of a few winter days. I have a feeling it's going to be a cold and snowy April. But what do I know...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Nah, I kind of want snow. As much as I enjoy sitting outside right now at work, we have only had a handful of a few winter days. I have a feeling it's going to be a cold and snowy April. But what do I know...

There’s snow in the long range forecast.  It will be interesting to see how hardcore Blue wants to blow snow. 

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I don't think they want to, but again, what do I know... 

me and atomic Jeff were thinking first maybe second week in march for closing if it doesn’t get cold and snowy.  Blue did save a shitload of money on snowmaking this year but probably sold 100,000 less tickets. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Yeeeaa.. then it will get cold after they close for an added kick in the shorts.

I’m not booking a spring trip until I see when Blue ends up closing.  Usually I don’t go away until mid April or so but if blue closes early to mid march I don’t want a month without skiing in between. 

But wait......it gets cold next week!  Its like the umpteenth time we have gone through this cycle, looks like cold air 7-10 days out that never comes in.  I dont put alot of faith in forecasts that far out, but this year its been particullarly bad, almost always trending warmer.  Dont even think for a minute we will see snow either of those two days either....lol.  Sounds like this warm/rain spell is really doing a number on things, But so glad they opened Challenge and Switch, rather than build up the base on the trails already open!

image.png.94c1733e8bb67cd0cc49a40b97ac1ade.png

The grim reality based on the trends, its hard to imagine we will have much of a season in March.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

They just need to get through next week $$$ wise. After that it's all downhill. Can't see us skiing many days at blue in in March. On wed the snow at the base near the quad was so thin you could see grass. NMDW had holes as did lower paradise. Who even knows if they'll drop a pass early and advertise "ski the rest of this season and all of next" because there may not be much of a "this season" left. 

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Sad 2