Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

NWS is usually on the low side of things, usually.  To me it seems they are really going all in on it.  Im just having trouble believing like Northern Carbon is going to see a foot.  Lets just go with 4-6, and be really surprised when its more, rather than be dissapointed when its a dusting.  

29 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

NWS is usually on the low side of things, usually.  To me it seems they are really going all in on it.  Im just having trouble believing like Northern Carbon is going to see a foot.  Lets just go with 4-6, and be really surprised when its more, rather than be dissapointed when its a dusting.  

Ya I'm not so sure for Blue... I'm considering an Elk day ticket as they will prob get the most on this.

Edited by DiMe

32 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The forecast says 5-8” for Elk.  I actually think camelback could be the Bullseye…they have the elevation and are far enough north.  At Blue I won’t be surprised if it’s lots of rain or very wet snow at the base and serious accumulation near the peak.  

Either way I took off Tuesday night and will be watching the storm and web cams closely!

• Like 1

a lot of places are dropping totals but mt holly graphs have not moved at all in the last 3 issuances. unfortunately the warning has not been updated since 3am, so who knows what they're really thinking.

as of now i'm more worried about wind and power outages than the snow. gotta get gas, kerosene and make the generator(s) accessible.

gonna be interesting.

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

agreed 100%. i'm expecting 3" of super wet snow. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The forecast says 5-8” for Elk.  I actually think camelback could be the Bullseye…they have the elevation and are far enough north.  At Blue I won’t be surprised if it’s lots of rain or very wet snow at the base and serious accumulation near the peak.  

Me, you, RidgeRacer and MattEdge should book a hotel room at the water park lodge base and we can ski all the perder. Maybe Atomic Skier will bring some extra Castle skis for us all for when it's deeeeeeeep. Then we can all split a hot cocoa 5 ways to save a few pennies

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Me, you, RidgeRacer and MattEdge should book a hotel room at the water park lodge base and we can ski all the perder. Maybe Atomic Skier will bring some extra Castle skis for us all for when it's deeeeeeeep. Then we can all split a hot cocoa 5 ways to save a few pennies

Salty were you sniffing glue again?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Benm said:

a lot of places are dropping totals but mt holly graphs have not moved at all in the last 3 issuances. unfortunately the warning has not been updated since 3am, so who knows what they're really thinking.

as of now i'm more worried about wind and power outages than the snow. gotta get gas, kerosene and make the generator(s) accessible.

gonna be interesting.

agreed 100%. i'm expecting 3" of super wet snow. 

Both of my Pocono weather weirdos are dropping totals as well. and neither were tossing out the big numbers like NWS.  At this point, its kinda like that joke, 1-24".  But lets go with it.  it will probably fall somewhere in there.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Count me in for everything but the water park. :wiggle

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Both of my Pocono weather weirdos are dropping totals as well. and neither were tossing out the big numbers like NWS.  At this point, its kinda like that joke, 1-24".  But lets go with it.  it will probably fall somewhere in there.  

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Catskills will probably be the place to be for this one. 

Your right.... i may leave the city in the am and arrive well in time for first chair.  Ooooh decisions.

Screenshot_20230313_151245_AccuWeather.jpg

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DiMe said:

Your right.... i may leave the city in the am and arrive well in time for first chair.  Ooooh decisions.

Screenshot_20230313_151245_AccuWeather.jpg

Highmont is now 2-3’  

I’m planning on Plattekill if they open Wednesday. Roxbury's not too far away but they’re forecast is for 9-18” 

69E4D9A3-6763-4BE7-AC4B-BA2EA081D838.png

Edited by AirheadD8