Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

23 hours ago, Barb said:

Sneaky snowstorm today. Mountains 7-14” forecasted. Boulder was just supposed to be rain. It’s wet heavy snow. I’m gonna be an inside cat today. 

Coming back from Sacramento on 80. Heading thru SLC today and hopefully they will open 80 in Wyoming by the time we get there. Donner Pass:
IMG_3296.thumb.jpeg.e6a3a7ba38bb63541a6f4bc94bae2da4.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is it just me or was it really warm today for mid April?  I was driving around Allentown earlier and saw one person wearing a puffy jacket and two people with hoodies on hood up..

I saw a bunch of people wearing masks. Maybe an allergy thing but maybe Covid zombies ? 

I have a hatted for Summer…. I don’t like bugs and sweating. I opened the windows the last couple nights and somehow the noseeems get through the screens . Got bit 4 times and closed up and turned on the AC . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

I saw a bunch of people wearing masks. Maybe an allergy thing but maybe Covid zombies ? 

I have a hatted for Summer…. I don’t like bugs and sweating. I opened the windows the last couple nights and somehow the noseeems get through the screens . Got bit 4 times and closed up and turned on the AC . 

Covid zombies for sure and a lot are wearing them around their chins….I think Covid will be mentioned for the rest of our lives and crazy to think it was a lab leak all along.  That’s what I thought from like 3/25/2020…I could go for some more PPP and Stimulus money..

11 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

The grass and weeds are starting to grow. F that. I need to buy mulch this weekend too. There are infinitely more things that I’d rather spend money on than mulch and roundup. Can’t wait for the allergies to kick in. Ugh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

The grass and weeds are starting to grow. F that. I need to buy mulch this weekend too. There are infinitely more things that I’d rather spend money on than mulch and roundup. Can’t wait for the allergies to kick in. Ugh

What happens if you don’t buy mulch and roundup?  

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Mulch is bad, it can propagate Artillery fungus which can mess with circuit boards in your AC unit. And looks like shit and is  impossible to get off your siding . 

https://www.thespruce.com/artillery-fungus-identification-prevention-5185963

51 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Mulch is bad, it can propagate Artillery fungus which can mess with circuit boards in your AC unit. And looks like shit and is  impossible to get off your siding . 

https://www.thespruce.com/artillery-fungus-identification-prevention-5185963

We have window units for AC #poconolyfe…I guess I can cut down all of the bushes and tress and put sod down. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Does mulch only last a year?  

Kinda have to top it off a bit to make it look nice. We didn't get around to a couple of large spots last year that'll need a full serving. I don't know the math, but one will be 22ft diameter at 3-4in. 

Did the math, about 3 yards at 3in, so 1 and a half loads in my truck bed. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Benm said:

Kinda have to top it off a bit to make it look nice. We didn't get around to a couple of large spots last year that'll need a full serving. I don't know the math, but one will be 22ft diameter at 3-4in. 

I was also thinking some people like to use rocks..I actually know more about hardscaping than landscaping by accident almost. 

32 minutes ago, Benm said:

There are videos from mammoth California where they are removing snow from a condo complex and there’s like 15 piles and each pile is five truck loads worth.  It’s insane I’ll find the link.