Jump to content
Ride Delaware ?

Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Crick is a variant of creek originating in the U.S., where it reflects a dialectal pronunciation of the word for a small, shallow stream. Crick might be nonstandard, but it is established enough to be considered an alternative form, and it is even listed in some dictionaries. In writing, crick is often used to create a rustic tone.

 

 Maybe its a Delco thing. 

Called it crick when I grew up in Lackawanna as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Called it crick when I grew up in Lackawanna as well

Well then, its clearly not a Toast thing.  We used to go to the crick down the street from me to catch crawdaddies.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Well then, its clearly not a Toast thing.  We used to go to the crick down the street from me to catch crawdaddies.  

And the extra fat minnows we called chubs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Crick is a variant of creek originating in the U.S., where it reflects a dialectal pronunciation of the word for a small, shallow stream. Crick might be nonstandard, but it is established enough to be considered an alternative form, and it is even listed in some dictionaries. In writing, crick is often used to create a rustic tone.

 

 Maybe its a Delco thing. 

They say crick right on the Maryland border and delivery guy says it like that but he lives in Barto and is a country bumpkin. He calls dinner supper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all had crick shoes too, which were an old pair of sneakers you wore in the wooder.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point I'm just looking forward weather that doesn't cause me to sweat walking to my car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Allentown it’s rained 41 of the last 75 days. If this holds true this winter we are gonna be titties deep in Perder.  They closed the cedar beach pool in Allentown for the season already because it keeps flooding. Great idea build a 3.1 million dollar pool in a flood zone 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuckin swampiest summer in VT since 1988.  I plan on doing some major grunt work and I get this. Fortunately, all the hard labor is done, framed out a wood shed and roofed it. All I need is a pizza oven and hot tub, and I'll never leave this house again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moe ghoul said:

Fuckin swampiest summer in VT since 1988.  I plan on doing some major grunt work and I get this. Fortunately, all the hard labor is done, framed out a wood shed and roofed it. All I need is a pizza oven and hot tub, and I'll never leave this house again.

 I’m surprised you don’t have a hot tub already.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

In Allentown it’s rained 41 of the last 75 days. If this holds true this winter we are gonna be titties deep in Perder.  They closed the cedar beach pool in Allentown for the season already because it keeps flooding. Great idea build a 3.1 million dollar pool in a flood zone 

ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

 I’m surprised you don’t have a hot tub already.  

I used the tub at Smuggs. I picked up the summer pass for 99$ and it gives me access to all the amenities. However, the last few days I went over I took a pass on the tub. It was foamy with brown scummy shit collecting on the sides, basically dead skin, body oils and leftover soap or shampoo. People don't rinse off before they go in.  I did go down the water slide a few times, felt like Luge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, moe ghoul said:

I used the tub at Smuggs. I picked up the summer pass for 99$ and it gives me access to all the amenities. However, the last few days I went over I took a pass on the tub. It was foamy with brown scummy shit collecting on the sides, basically dead skin, body oils and leftover soap or shampoo. People don't rinse off before they go in.  I did go down the water slide a few times, felt like Luge.

I don’t do public hot tubs...I stopped going in my parents jacuzzi when I saw pubes floating in it.  They were probably my pubes but still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×