Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

21 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Shit was god Damn beautiful today, I'm dying to ski but it was so nice to get some snow.

It’s amazing how much more relaxing a snowstorm is when I don’t have to frantically get at the Perder...the drive to blue during the storm would have been rowdy...

i fucking love his snow. I was out in it like four times today..put on my gloves for the first time so early for that..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

It’s amazing how much more relaxing a snowstorm is when I don’t have to frantically get at the Perder...the drive to blue during the storm would have been rowdy...
i fucking love his snow. I was out in it like four times today..put on my gloves for the first time so early for that..

Nothing was open. Should have hit Hazleton...

I guess I didn’t know the drive time to Bell from your location was actually faster than BB. Bell is a no brainer. It’s a fun mountain. I’d be interested to get back and try the new bridge trail and gondola. Did I hear they were blowing snow on it already?

BB is providing some good snowmaking pictures today as well. Looks like they are filling in the blanks pretty well...

IMO The gondola did wonders for the place. The mountain is still flat at the bottom obviously but you can ski a legit 1400 vert now by doing laps off of the gondola whereas before you had to ride that slow beginner lift, then another to get to the top. Wasn't worth it. Gondi fixed that.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

IMO The gondola did wonders for the place. The mountain is still flat at the bottom obviously but you can ski a legit 1400 vert now by doing laps off of the gondola whereas before you had to ride that slow beginner lift, then another to get to the top. Wasn't worth it. Gondi fixed that.

Was never there before the gondola, but damn it was nice to ski right onto one not too far from home. I felt safe in there with Root.

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Was never there before the gondola, but damn it was nice to ski right onto one not too far from home. I felt safe in there with Root.

Our day ended before it really began.  The storm before the 22"er I was running laps back to the gondi by skiing through the parking lot.  Way faster than taking the bridge trail.

That gondubie is fast too.  1400 vert in 7 minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, RootDKJ said:

Our day ended before it really began.  The storm before the 22"er I was running laps back to the gondi by skiing through the parking lot.  Way faster than taking the bridge trail.

That gondubie is fast too.  1400 vert in 7 minutes.

Still the best east coast turns I've ever had! 

• Like 2

Colorado is having a fantastic November!  I just got back from Eldora.  They opened another lift, nothing really open on that side yet, but all the guns were blowing. Mary Jane is opening this week and they usually don't open until first week to mid December. 

When I rolled in at 8:50 I expected a mostly empty parking lot since it's Monday.  Wasn't thinking the kids are off from school.  It was pretty busy.The new RFID readers are very glitchy.  Sometimes they work great, sometimes they suck.  Hope they make some adjustments other than the lifties walking over to you saying "put the pass right next to the card reader."  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Barb said:

Hope they make some adjustments other than the lifties walking over to you saying "put the pass right next to the card reader."  

Man, does that sound familiar.   huh.  

Glad to hear things are cranking up in Colorado.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was keeping the pass in the little pocket thing in my mitten. worked really well, just had to wave my arm. 

My wife does the same thing. She ended up getting two passes this year, so she’s got one in each mitten.

I’ll make a trip to Bell on my way to the Bush or home from the Bush at some point this season.