Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

14 hours ago, saltyant said:

Omg I'm laughing so hard at that. You posted the same picture last year of the dude drinking syrup. That was me on powder day, then I got first in line and my card wouldn't work, so my rapid breakfast consumption was all for nothing.

Salty be careful at Stowe.  Thought this was you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty be careful at Stowe.  Thought this was you. 

Wow, that is exactly something I would do. I get annoyed when the lift stops for 15 seconds, can't imagine being trapped for 2.5 hours.

No need for me to be careful at Stowe. There's an open hotel reservation for anyone who wants to borrow my license - as long as they look like me, have a similar birthday (or same birthday), enjoy skiing in slop, and don't have a job.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Wow, that is exactly something I would do. I get annoyed when the lift stops for 15 seconds, can't imagine being trapped for 2.5 hours.

No need for me to be careful at Stowe. There's an open hotel reservation for anyone who wants to borrow my license - as long as they look like me, have a similar birthday (or same birthday), enjoy skiing in slop, and don't have a job.

Sounds like Atomic Jeff back before he got a job.  Make sure you meet up with Moe Ghoul. Maybe bring him some Pennsylvania beer. Perhaps rolling rock. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sounds like Atomic Jeff back before he got a job.  Make sure you meet up with Moe Ghoul. Maybe bring him some Pennsylvania beer. Perhaps rolling rock. 

Ok, if I can find him. It might be hard when everyone's wearing identical black garbage bags.

10 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Ok. 

But crappy micros like long trail, magic hat, and shed.  Not as good as the stuff in the lot.  I also drank Budweiser and Labatt bleu and sometimes they had Milwaukee’s finest at frat parties.  You know what they say is better than a cold Budweiser??  A warm Busch lol

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

But crappy micros like long trail, magic hat, and shed.  Not as good as the stuff in the lot.  I also drank Budweiser and Labatt bleu and sometimes they had Milwaukee’s finest at frat parties.  You know what they say is better than a cold Budweiser??  A warm Busch lol

That was the good micro of the time! 

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That was the good micro of the time! 

Saranac and Sam Adams winter lager as well...I saw a menu from my local bar from when it opened 20 years ago and pretty much the micros were Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams and then bass and Guinness maybe Harp which used to be popular at Irish pubs and back then Budweiser was way more popular than Miller light and Michalob and Heinikin were popular. 

Seriously considering ditching Stowe and making a yolo trip out west next week. Frontier yo. Just have to figure out how the hell to fly with ski gear (???). Like do I pack my clothes in the ski bag so I dont have to check 2 bags? Where does the helmet go? Going to Buckmans later to look @ ski bags.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Seriously considering ditching Stowe and making a yolo trip out west next week. Frontier yo. Just have to figure out how the hell to fly with ski gear (???). Like do I pack my clothes in the ski bag so I dont have to check 2 bags? Where does the helmet go? Going to Buckmans later to look @ ski bags.

I was actually gonna say you should go west especially since you’re off all week anyway. You wanna come to Jackson hole?   

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

One bag for skis..poles...a couple fleeces and stuff....one bag for all your clothes, helmet, goggles, ski pants..toiletries...then bring your boots as carryon and wear jacket on plane keep things like extra contact lenses in jacket pocket. Southwest Airlines includes two free checked bags and flys direct from philly and Newark 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Idk.. thanks for the invitation, was thinking Copper or Keystone, somewhere with Blue groomers. 

Barb has buddy passes for copper mountain if you end up going there. She can email them to you for you to print out. I think like $79 or $89 instead of whatever they charge maybe $130 a day. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Ski bag and boot bag count as 1 item

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Ski bag and boot bag count as 1 item

This. I think combined they are still supposed to be under 50 lbs tho, or overweight charges. 

Salty, are you going to be at Blue this weekend? Can lend you a ski bag, it’s a double but that just leaves more room for clothes

ETA: although I think you should suck it up and ski the Stowe trip you have planned. Worst that can happen is you come out the other side a better skier.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

This. I think combined they are still supposed to be under 50 lbs tho, or overweight charges. 

Salty, are you going to be at Blue this weekend? Can lend you a ski bag, it’s a double but that just leaves more room for clothes

Thanks! I was planning on going to Blue Saturday, will let you know.

Wear the helmet on the plane (for a minute when you walk on, then it comes off), rent skis out there to suit the more powdery conditions, and rent the boots too unless you are one of those crybabies that has to have the one pair of boots that makes your feet feel so cozy.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Wear the helmet on the plane (for a minute when you walk on, then it comes off), rent skis out there to suit the more powdery conditions, and rent the boots too unless you are one of those crybabies that has to have the one pair of boots that makes your feet feel so cozy.

@saltyant here is exactly what you shouldn’t do. 

Glad to hear you are interested in going out west! I still think you should do Stowe and plan a good west trip next year or later this year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

@saltyant here is exactly what you shouldn’t do. 

Glad to hear you are interested in going out west! I still think you should do Stowe and plan a good west trip next year or later this year. 

Which part shouldn't I do - wear a helmet on a plane, rent skis & boots, or all of the above?