Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I think it was about $75 as I got a discount on it with the lodging booking. And I would have wanted to rent fatter skis anyway so just bringing my boots would not have saved me much. Some folks are real sensitive and need to have just the right boots, I understand. I'm not.

I don’t think it’s the right boots so much as people want to have their own boots.  I understand..I bowl occasionally and I don’t have my own bowling shoes. 

What wide skis did you rent at Copper?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I like having my own equipment cause I hate having to stand in line to rent, especially if I want to go to multiple ski resorts

If you are going to multiple resorts, save money by renting at a ski shop not at a resort. The time it takes to rent skis is less than the time it takes to deal with skis at baggage claim 2x.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If you are going to multiple resorts, save money by renting at a ski shop not at a resort. The time it takes to rent skis is less than the time it takes to deal with skis at baggage claim 2x.

Skis were waiting for me when I arrived with both of my flights this year.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty did you find any good airfare deals online?

Yeah my flight on American will only cost me $17 plus $60 to check my boots helmet and RTM. I made a funny gaper move at Buckmans, I'll post the pic when i get free wifi in a half hour 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Skis were waiting for me when I arrived with both of my flights this year.

Ok so you saved 10 minutes compared to renting skis. I waited an hour at Newark in April for the odd sized items to show up at Baggage claim when I flew with skis (as I was flying a real airline back from Boston after my Sunday River trip)

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

18 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It takes zero time to deal with skis at baggage claim times two.  Salty isn’t gonna rent skis. He’s not a gaper anymore and you aren’t a gaper any less

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Ok so you saved 10 minutes compared to renting skis. I waited an hour at Newark in April for the odd sized items to show up at Baggage claim when I flew with skis (as I was flying a real airline back from Boston after my Sunday River trip)

You flew to Boston enroute to Sunday river???  I guess accounting for 55 cents a mile wear and tear on your car you actually saved money. Just the thought of getting on a plane for an eastern ski trip is weird and I flew to Burlington Vt when I was in college and didn’t have a car a few times. 

I didn't understand how boot bags work so I took 2 different brand boots off the shelf and put them in the boot bag (see below). Wasn't sure how the helmet fits until the shopkeeper told me the boots go on the sides. First gaper move of my 2019 trip.

image.png.153d988da6ab0d05fe3bd095a6252e56.png

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I didn't understand how boot bags work so I took 2 different brand boots off the shelf and put them in the boot bag (see below). Wasn't sure how the helmet fits until the shopkeeper told me the boots go on the sides. First gaper move of my 2019 trip.

Wow I haven’t had a boot bag since high school and never had a fancy one where the boots went on the sides.  

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

i have a similar bootbag.  my stuff fits in it but there is no way it fits as a carry on, so i check it in each time.  in the world of PASR's this is sacrilegious, but i dont care.

Just now, theprogram4 said:

i have a similar bootbag.  my stuff fits in it but there is no way it fits as a carry on, so i check it in each time.  in the world of PASR's this is sacrilegious, but i dont care.

American Airlines says the bag can only be up to 45 inches. This bag is 47.5. Are they going to charge me $100+ extra or some BS if it's not exactly 45 inches? I didn't buy it yet.

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

American Airlines says the bag can only be up to 45 inches. This bag is 47.5. Are they going to charge me $100+ extra or some BS if it's not exactly 45 inches? I didn't buy it yet.

Dude that’s way to big for a carryon. Are you serious. We went over this..your boots fit in your rollerboard which you can use as carryon.  

I wouldn’t know what to do with that boot bag either! I’ve always had one where they go in the main compartment.