Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

No and no and not yet. House gets listed for sale in a coupla months once I get a few things done to it. We're heading back to PA in a coupla weeks. Smuggs is open this week, then closes weekdays next week and re-opens for the final weekend with the 21st as the last day. We'll be heading back around the 25th. Going out west is just a dream for me.

2 minutes ago, moe ghoul said:

No and no and not yet. House gets listed for sale in a coupla months once I get a few things done to it. We're heading back to PA in a coupla weeks. Smuggs is open this week, then closes weekdays next week and re-opens for the final weekend with the 21st as the last day. We'll be heading back around the 25th. Going out west is just a dream for me.

You have two houses and retired at like 40. You are living the Dream even if you’re married and living in Vermont. 

Shot at 6-10" overnight at Jay. Heading up there in the AM, Wed as well. Law school buddy and his daughter are coming in for a few days. She's visiting UVM and we'll get a chance to ski some deepness.

Snowing here at the house. Mercy!!!!

images.jpg.b232d9b1b6cdcc23adba71f701e76107.jpg

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I know some of you hold off on turning on the heat in the fall but do any of you hold off on using AC in the spring.  

Yes. I keep it off as much as possible. We usually have a good breeze where I’m at so it moves air through the house well with windows open. Good question Douglas. 

59 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I know some of you hold off on turning on the heat in the fall but do any of you hold off on using AC in the spring.  

I'm a "no heat november" guy, but when it gets humid I gotta put on the AC.  My body was built for the high desert climate.  On Friday night I was dying and I ran it for about 45 minutes to cut the humidity and temperature a bit.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Yes. I keep it off as much as possible. We usually have a good breeze where I’m at so it moves air through the house well with windows open. Good question Douglas. 

Thanks was thinking about it at work today and it was getting toasty in the office and my forehead was getting sweaty...

On 4/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, toast21602 said:

Lots of rain this weekend. Should be good for the snow making ponds in 8 months! 

On 4/19/2019 at 3:53 PM, saltyant said:

Stop.

On 4/19/2019 at 4:09 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Stop

I've been reading about quantum mechanics a lot and there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that this forum's server entered an alternate reality or parallel universe for a fraction of a nanosecond on 4/19. 

• Confused 2

I had 2 Mitsubishi electric Heater/AC/Dehumidifier units installed last week. Should be able to keep the house comfortable if we get another swampy scorcher like last summer. Having the option to run dehumidification only wil prolly do the trick most days.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, moe ghoul said:

I had 2 Mitsubishi electric Heater/AC/Dehumidifier units installed last week. Should be able to keep the house comfortable if we get another swampy scorcher like last summer. Having the option to run dehumidification only wil prolly do the trick most days.

Mini splits?  i'm a huge fan.  They dont dehumidify as good as a central system on cool, so i always ran the one in my living room on "dry", and it took care of the humidty and cooled the room perfectly.  Being as they are Mitsubishi's, i would assume they have a really good rating to heat at a pretty low ambient temp.  Most of mine heat down to 5 or -5.  At their worst, a heat pump is still typically more efficient than electric baseboard.