Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I have heard of it also, but most likely it is an urban legend... From what I have been told is that as long as you are on private property and not driving, you shouldn't be held liable for a DUI... However, I have heard of people being hammered and sleeping in the driver's seat with the car on for heat and getting a DUI... That is definitely possible if parked on the street... I live in Delaware, a state with no open container law outside of the driver's seat... So get in the backseat and crack a brew... No harm done...

No, you go to college to even be able to compete in todays job market since "college" is absolutely necessary in any professional field.

You can make plenty of money without a degree.

Absolutely right, anyone that thinks otherwise is ignorant to the real world.

On topic though Jesus how about that wind out there? My prediction is we'll be skiing and riding somewhere in PA the first week of Dec :)

Edited by DiMe

I have heard of it also, but most likely it is an urban legend... From what I have been told is that as long as you are on private property and not driving, you shouldn't be held liable for a DUI... However, I have heard of people being hammered and sleeping in the driver's seat with the car on for heat and getting a DUI... That is definitely possible if parked on the street... I live in Delaware, a state with no open container law outside of the driver's seat... So get in the backseat and crack a brew... No harm done...

wait... really? in what other states is this acceptable? i'm near positive PA is not one of them.

I believe Mississippi was the last state to do away with that not so many years ago...

Here is a link to one of the sites I found Justo... I follow this fairly closely, and it sounds like we lost 3 states to the feds last year...

Laws By State

According to that site, Mississippi still allows you to drink and drive lol

When you guys are car camping and have to drop a duece in the middle of the night..do you just go in the woods...or wear Depends? A word of caution is to work on your calf muscles if you plan on shitting outside...otherwise you might fall in your own shit if you lose you balance..that would be a stoke stomper..if I ever go car camping on a ski trip, I'm gonna be like the line jumper in the Killington parking lot in my tighty whiteys getting changed for a day on the slopes..I think Sexkitten changes in the parking lot as well..legit shit..

LOL, I can't say I ever had to pop a squat outside to take a shit. Maybe buying one of those potty trainers for kids or something could aid in this?

LOL, I can't say I ever had to pop a squat outside to take a shit. Maybe buying one of those potty trainers for kids or something could aid in this?

AHAHAHA... How funny would that be to show up for first chair and see some middle aged guy get out of his car, turn around and grab a potty training seat, and then pop a squat over it? I would be like "wtf dude"... "Did anybody else just see that?"

When you guys are car camping and have to drop a duece in the middle of the night..do you just go in the woods...or wear Depends? A word of caution is to work on your calf muscles if you plan on shitting outside...otherwise you might fall in your own shit if you lose you balance..that would be a stoke stomper..if I ever go car camping on a ski trip, I'm gonna be like the line jumper in the Killington parking lot in my tighty whiteys getting changed for a day on the slopes..I think Sexkitten changes in the parking lot as well..legit shit..

never happened yet. Like I said in an earlier post, those issues are dealt with before I leave a bar to go to sleep. About the only thing I do is find and make a mental note of a 24/hr place nearby just in case. Otherwise, hold it in til the lodge opens. Reminds me of the hike off the mountain on our last camping trip to VT. I'm thankful that nobody had any video running at the time.

I'm over it now... I had a temporary lapse and I created this post... I'm sure I will get all fidgety again when it gets cold again... And then warms up again before the season starts...

Ride Delaware you've been around here long enough to know what was gonna happen once you posted about the weather. Dig up one of Robert2's locker rants.

Anyway it's way too early to panic. If it was 3 weeks from now that would be a different story.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

no lol. ive heard of people getting dui's cause they were working on their cars in their driveways while drinking a beer, keys were in the ignition so they got locked up, even though the car was being repaired

i dont think they can do that. correct me if im wrong. maybe if the cop wanted to be a dick, yes. but my dad has been in our driveway countless time changing oil or something along those lines with a beer and the cop who normally patrols our neighborhood has actually stopped just to see whats going on and never said anything about the alcohol or anything. and if youre blowing above a .08 you shouldnt be working on a car anyway.

i dont think they can do that. correct me if im wrong. maybe if the cop wanted to be a dick, yes. but my dad has been in our driveway countless time changing oil or something along those lines with a beer and the cop who normally patrols our neighborhood has actually stopped just to see whats going on and never said anything about the alcohol or anything. and if youre blowing above a .08 you shouldnt be working on a car anyway.

hah...anytime I'm working on my car, I don't drink while working on it (gravity scares me when the car is up in the air)...but beers afterwards are a near certainty. :drool

Ride Delaware you've been around here long enough to know what was gonna happen once you posted about the weather. Dig up one of Robert2's locker rants.

Anyway it's way too early to panic. If it was 3 weeks from now that would be a different story.

Haha... I know... Thats why I prepared myself for ultimate destruction... You may hear some weather rants out of me, but I assure you I am not pitiful enough to make a big deal out of the locker situation...

I would tailgate with you and Ride but I'll probably be in NYC Saturday...if I spend the night I'll just sleep on a bench..just as comfortable as a hotel room and you don't have to take an elevator or worry about bed bugs..

Excellent opportunity to try out car camping.

Stowe opens on Wednesday, top to bottom with a few trails. We've got frigid temps in place for the week and foreseeable future. I'm tuning up my skis this weekend... thank God I have five days off over Thanksgiving! Stoking hardcore, so happy I don't live in Pennsyltucky anymore.

I keep telling everyone at work that there's a cold front coming in. I've been doing that for over two weeks now. It's complete bullshit. In truth, I hardly look at the weather past today and tomorrow during the off season. People know I ski, so most of them just say thanks. A few people called me out, and I told them I'm going with the power of positive thinking. :screwy Yes, sometimes I have nothing better to do.

• Like 1