Stupid pass covers

indiggio

Learn a lesson from my misfortune.

We were up skiing in the bitter cold and wind last night. I get down to the lifts (luckily it was the doubles) and proceed to go through the scanners there and NOTHING.

I look down at my pass and it's gone. I had it in the Blue Mountain provided tag older (the clear plastic thingy) on one of the old retractable cord extensions. They told

me when I got the pass that it would be OK to do that and it's convenient when you go to the food cashier for them to scan it.

Well, looks like the clear plastic covers aren't capable of handling the bitter cold and the damn thing cracked and lost my pass.

Word to the wise: Don't use the provided clear plastic cover and keep your pass inside your jacket or somewhere!

Learn a lesson from my misfortune.

We were up skiing in the bitter cold and wind last night. I get down to the lifts (luckily it was the doubles) and proceed to go through the scanners there and NOTHING.

I look down at my pass and it's gone. I had it in the Blue Mountain provided tag older (the clear plastic thingy) on one of the old retractable cord extensions. They told

me when I got the pass that it would be OK to do that and it's convenient when you go to the food cashier for them to scan it.

Well, looks like the clear plastic covers aren't capable of handling the bitter cold and the damn thing cracked and lost my pass.

Word to the wise: Don't use the provided clear plastic cover and keep your pass inside your jacket or somewhere!

the whole point of the new RFID system is so you don't have to keep it on the exterior of your jacket...in a secure pocket somewhere. I never even wore my old season pass on the exterior of my jacket due to the possibility of losing it.

Well then somebody punch a hole in yours then go to blue and if it works reply about and and everyone will do it.

They say there is an antenna in it somewhere, all you have to do is put the pass up to a bright light and you can see through it and where you can punch a hole.

Just keep it in your pocket like you're supposed to.

When u lost your pass did they let u on the lift or give you a hard time? Did they charge for a replacement?

Yeah, I started with it in a pocket first couple times up. Then I went to get food and they need to scan it. I had to go fishing to get it out.

All the years before I had it hanging outside, never had a problem. I too don't know why they can't have pre-punched cards, would make it so much easier. :banghead I find it hard to believe that a small hole in the card would affect the antenna for the chip.

They didn't give me a hastle getting on the lift. I showed them the crappy shattered cover and they let me on. I went right into guest services and the lady told me to wait until next trip up and check with Lost & Found before getting a replacement. I'll give them grief about their cover if they try to charge me because the lady said it was all right for me to wear it outside when I got it.

there's actually a little raised spot on mine where the chip is. it's centered left to right about 2/3 of the way to the bottom of the pass. punching a hole at the top should have absolutely zero affect on the thing. we use RFID badges at work and they have holes punched in them and they work just fine.

there's actually a little raised spot on mine where the chip is. it's centered left to right about 2/3 of the way to the bottom of the pass. punching a hole at the top should have absolutely zero affect on the thing. we use RFID badges at work and they have holes punched in them and they work just fine.

Yeah we have them at work too and people have holes in them. No issues at all.

Oh well deal with it. It's not going to kill you to not punch a hole in it.

I don't own one of these, but the antennae pattern makes a difference. The chip is small but if they use the full real estate of the card for the antennae you could easily damage the cards functionality.

Seriously though, why would you leave anything but a paper day pass on the outside of your jacket, even if they told you it was fine?

my pass isn't an rfid or whatever and i keep it inside my pocket as well. i have to pull it out for them to scan it at the base lifts. is it really THAT difficult? i feel for you, but i also think if you are wearing it on the outside of your jacket and aren't required to then you are taking on the chance of losing it. don't give them too much grief, it was your fault in the end.

my pass isn't an rfid or whatever and i keep it inside my pocket as well. i have to pull it out for them to scan it at the base lifts. is it really THAT difficult? i feel for you, but i also think if you are wearing it on the outside of your jacket and aren't required to then you are taking on the chance of losing it. don't give them too much grief, it was your fault in the end.

The old blue system worked well for this. I had it in a pass pocket inside my jacket. I just flipped the bottom of my jacket up 2 inches, and there was my pass.

I also don't understand why people link their season passes to their credit cards for food purchases. Is it that hard to keep your wallet on you? I'd rather have it on me then leave it in my car...Blue has had their share of break ins in their parking lot (hence all the lot attendants walking around).

I just took a look at the pass under a 100 watt bulb with a cover around the pass to block out surrounding light.

Do not punch a hole in it. RFID chip is underneath the picture just about right behind where your face is and it's about the size of your pinky nail and there is a 4 strip antenna that runs the whole outline of the card about 1/8 of an inch from the edge and runs about 1/2 inch in to the card.

I also don't understand why people link their season passes to their credit cards for food purchases. Is it that hard to keep your wallet on you? I'd rather have it on me then leave it in my car...Blue has had their share of break ins in their parking lot (hence all the lot attendants walking around).

I can understand it. I have my Super Pass linked to me checking account. It's nice to not have to carry around one more thing. That being said, I REALLY like having barely anything in my pocket. I usually hit the slopes with my phone, my pass, and just my truck key. House keys, wallet, etc get locked in the glove box. If I'm out solo I bring my wallet just in case I'm found passed out and taken to the hospital (as my insurance card is in my wallet). With a group though I figure they can grab it from my truck if shit gets real.

Anyway, having the thing linked to your checking account/credit card is all the more reason to NOT wear it on the outside of your jacket.

why would people want to punch a hole in it??

If it had a hole in it, I would have put the hanger thingy through the hole in the pass, not the stupid cover.

Heck, I probably wouldn't have even used the cover as the passes are plastic and it's the chip that's important.

I can understand it. I have my Super Pass linked to me checking account. It's nice to not have to carry around one more thing. That being said, I REALLY like having barely anything in my pocket. I usually hit the slopes with my phone, my pass, and just my truck key. House keys, wallet, etc get locked in the glove box. If I'm out solo I bring my wallet just in case I'm found passed out and taken to the hospital (as my insurance card is in my wallet). With a group though I figure they can grab it from my truck if shit gets real.

Anyway, having the thing linked to your checking account/credit card is all the more reason to NOT wear it on the outside of your jacket.

Ugh! With all the break-ins at Blue, I don't leave anything to chance in the car. Always have the wallet with me.

I just found it a PITA to have to pull it out to get my discount for the food!

Looks like just under the snowboard between the bindings is the safest place. I hate carrying anything with me on the hill. I've been wearing a pack, and I still leave my wallet and big key set in the car. Drive a shitty car that people wouldn't look to break into or lock it in the glove box. Obviously don't leave goodies in plain view.