Wednesday 12/29

stever2003

Today was so packed! I had to ski around a the outer edge of the lower park just to get to the vip line which was usually a good wait. I got up there today around 11 took 4 runs, said F this and took a 5 minute break to call some friends and see where they were riding today. I decided try to get a few more runs in, waited about 40 minutes in line and then the lift shut down for a good while. I then proceeded out of the line while the six pack was still down and left. Today was just extra crowded, and I don't expect tomorrow to be any different....

Today was so packed! I had to ski around a the outer edge of the lower park just to get to the vip line which was usually a good wait. I got up there today around 11 took 4 runs, said F this and took a 5 minute break to call some friends and see where they were riding today. I decided try to get a few more runs in, waited about 40 minutes in line and then the lift shut down for a good while. I then proceeded out of the line while the six pack was still down and left. Today was just extra crowded, and I don't expect tomorrow to be any different....

yeah i got there around 12. took a run. waited in the VIP line for 15 minutes. got on the lift. sat on it for about 25 minutes, and then took a run and left. so packed today. i blame the snow for this being worse than normal. oh well. i'll be there for opening on thursday.

XNick don't show up at 11AM during the Holiday week....I can't wait for New Years morning..usually empty till the Jibhonks start rolling in..

I think crowds through New Years will be worse than a normal holiday because it was empty Sunday and Monday was closed a good chunk of the day...most goobs wanna get out one day during the Xmas holiday maybe MLK day and one day in Feb.///Living the dream...

This ^ quoted for truth.

We were there today and 15+ minute waits at the six pack and quad both, were common. And from what I can tell, the new ticket systems has noting to do with that. I did see several six pack chairs going up with less than 6 people, sometimes only three. Especially in the morning when Razors was closed for race training (lots of racers going up on less than full chairs).

For as long as the wait lines were, the trails were relatively crowd free (stay off Paradise and Lazy). Made a few laps on the double-double side and waits there were tolerable.

We left around 3:30 and conditions really were staying in good shape.

Morning sessions are good as long as your out by 10. Thought blue wasn't going to be a shit fest today that's why the quad wasn't open at 8 so when the crowds moved in the quad opened at 10.... Then it broke as soon as it opened and took about 15 minutes to fix it. Challenge lift broke for 15 minutes to. I wouldn't recommend going to blue till after the holiday, Unless you can make it for a morning session like I said before which is a okay, the crowds usually show up by 10ish give or take 20 minutes or so.

Shit show all week once crowds show up. It's going to be an interesting week. Luckily I won't have to see it after tomorrow :wiggle

Edited by Nidecker

I might go to Elk instead.

Thanks.

Good plan. I'll be at Elk Friday. Great conditions, well managed "crowds". CB and Blue will be a $hit$how all week.

This week is a good time to check out Sno as well and avoid the once or twice a year goobers at the other areas.

Since I don't have a season pass, paying $50+ for two hours of skiing is not an option or something that I want to do anyway.

Snow in the customer's back yard always brings more people than snow on the mountain.

Isn't that the truth! Far better to just be cold enough for them to blow snow, than to get natural.

Natural brings everyone out of the woodwork (South Jersey, Philly, Delaware, Maryland, etc.)

To them, no snow on the ground = no snow on the mountain, but we all know better...:naughty

It was way-crowded today. Get their early to get your runs in by 11, then beat-feet!

Lift ticket lines at the top shack were out the door, past the ski check and almost to the snow...unbelievable!

Rode from 930 to 2 today. Mostly rode come around to chute to main st down to the lower park. snow was a little sugary with some fresh man made here and there. Chute was all cookies, difficult to turn hard without bouncing all over the place and losing my edge, but i kept riding it because of the fun little lip at the top.

Park crew kept the park lips nice all day.

Liftline people were enforcing in the VIP line, that helped a lot.. I never waited more than 3 minutes. As for crowds actually on the trails, it wasn't bad at all until my final run, when there were gapers all up and down main street and probably 60 people standing around at the top of the lower park.

As for the in-progress sidewinder grooming, not sure how excited i am about the jump line. actually it is difficult to tell much except for the last jump, but definitely not a fan of that so far. they have a relatively small, non vert kicker, off center, with a pretty long gap for the size of the kicker. I just prefer jumps that throw you up more than out, this looks like a boardercross jump or something.

Well the reason that the kicker is off center is because there are 2 kickers at different distances. So they could possibly vary the amount of vert/floatiness between the two.the longer kicker is also right next to the trees on the left side of sidewinder, which could be dangerous for anyone spinning left.

Just to clarify, maybe i misunderstand the terminology but I would think of a mellow vs poppy lip as being the last few feet of a kicker, depending on the size... not necessarily the pitch of takeoff? In which case i am always a fan of mellow lips. long smooth transitions ftw.

likely.

Yeah, got probably 2/3 of it groomed, jumps built and some rails in.

Probably want to make some more snow on the bottom 1/3, looked a little thin near the merge.

OK, so they were monitoring the VIP line today. Seems a bit hokey with the new RFID tags.

They had a worker stationed at the end of the line asking to see passes, so now you gotta whip out your pass and show them to get into the VIP line.

Before you could have it dangling off the retractor and they could just see it.

:confused Wondering if I saved my old armbands of days gone by to hold my new pass.:lol: