Please link the smallest skis possible!

eeli0s

i googled and found little without spending hours and hours.

i want the smallest skis/shiblades/skiboards/whatever possible for about a size 11 mens boot. i'm 5'8" 155ish, so no links to kid's stuff/almost novelty toys like i was finding.

don't persuade me to get bigger skis, cause i used them about 20X, and last time borrowed 88cm skiboards and it was a world of difference how much more controll i had. i could grind and hit jumps and not have a giant ski in the way that needs to bend most of the time and makes things so much harder. all i lose out on is speed, but if i just don't carve, i'll soon go way faster than i'll ever want to.

thank you

I just asked for links not what you prefer. thanks for the 2 links i got. cheked 1 of those already and found 88cm the smalest there. i'm looking for the magic minimum cm number(s) so i can search ebay/craiglsist for used. i dont care bout image cause im getting a snowbaord too and snowbaorders are the coolest, right!?

but, there was no advice given from others.

turn this into a skiblades vs. skis and list why skis are better.

i think blades are better/safer cause:

-they are harder to cross,

-make me go slower, but i can go faster than i want to if i go straight down

-they make jumping/grinding and landing easier for me cause they don't need to bend as much.

Uh, yeah. Landing on skiboards is definitely hard than landing on skis. You have no backseat. You either stomp it or eat it. And for anyone who thinks you can't man up on skiboards, come out and his the 60 at Breck or Keystone on skiboards and then talk. This whole skiboards/skiblades hate from skiers only exists on the east coast. And if you're going to use the term snollerblader, how about step it up, get original, and modernize what you're talking about because the skating world doesn't call it rollerblading anymore. Not to mention every trick with the exception of rodeo and lincoln came from skating. So get over your lame hate because you're all just riding the snow anyway.

Uh, yeah. Landing on skiboards is definitely hard than landing on skis. You have no backseat. You either stomp it or eat it. And for anyone who thinks you can't man up on skiboards, come out and his the 60 at Breck or Keystone on skiboards and then talk. This whole skiboards/skiblades hate from skiers only exists on the east coast. And if you're going to use the term snollerblader, how about step it up, get original, and modernize what you're talking about because the skating world doesn't call it rollerblading anymore. Not to mention every trick with the exception of rodeo and lincoln came from skating. So get over your lame hate because you're all just riding the snow anyway.

interesting. out of all the times i've been out west, i've seen in total one person on snowblades, no lie. it was this guy: http://imgur.com/YJ66q?full. case closed.

I've haven't lived on the East Coast for several years. No one uses skis that short in the west. Why would you argue about something no one does? I haven't even seen them since I moved. I heard about a group hiking some back country in CO that kept going over the handle bars with super fat and relatively long skiboards. The snow wasn't that deep, but they just couldn't handle the powder. They were all filming and wearing skiboard.com gear. The assumption was they were "pro". Anyways, that was a huge joke around town, until everyone forgot people still use them. So yeah, it's not just the east that thinks they are short bus special.

to clarify this debate and for anyone who might actually want some foward input on this topic, i unexpectidly (noobie)found this has been discussed before numerous times.

-blades are harder to balance on and are sometimes used to train skiiers to make balancing on skis simpler.(i somehow didn't notice this even on 88cm)

-they 'chatter' when going fast unless ridden 'on edge', especially on powder with narrow blades (which i didn't notice because didn't go fast and rode wide boards in a NJ resort that was like packed ice)

-they are looked down/made fun of on by skiers and thought of as an easier/wimpy alternative, kinda like wearing/not wearing a helmet despite the shaking 'chatter' and harder-to-balance factor.

-breakaway bindings are highly suggested

-they make you go slower

-they are harder to cross eachother

-they make jumping, landing, and landing grinds easier in that you don't have to bend so much ski legnth and you can land easier in ruts. but, the larger surface area of skiis might be easier only for a clean, flat landing.

-not sure but i think turning on full skis is easier cause more surface area, but i didn't notice a difference.please correct me if i'm wrong about any of this.

here are my sources:

http://www.ehow.com/about_6404788_ski-blades-vs_-skis.html

http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/9322/snow-blades

http://www.livestrong.com/article/117043-ski-blades-vs.-skis/

• 1 month later...

After skiing for 20 years and snowboarding for 4, I'm not gonna lie... I bought a pair of Mike Nick Skiboards and they were freakin' awesome man! (For ~ 32 minutes). Anyone want to buy a pair? They're "freakin' awesome" like I said. I mean, I quoted myself...how much cooler can that be?! Make an offer (no lowballing please, these are Mike Nick's).

• 2 weeks later...