Blue Sold!

LineSki

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tretiak, who are you referring to? there's a couple different people interested. one is already part owner, wanting to buy out the rest of the shares, and one is an outside party, wanting to buy the majority shares. other than that, there may be other parties interested that i am not sure of. if you care about the way the place is run, you want the part owner to buy out the rest of the shares though, thats for sure...

There is an agreement of sale - pending..... I don't know the details or stipulations..... Ferko

if i'm correct, that guy is involved with the race program pretty heavily, and also has a thing for the krells, so personally, i hope he doesnt buy the place. the krells need to get out of there, now. although if he does buy out ray, he won't have complete ownership, so there's still a bright side to it all.

Dennis Krell Sr. is the mountain and lodge manager. There are a few mountain and lodge managers depending on what day it is and what time it is, but he is the head guy. Basically any email that you send to Blue either praising or complaining go through him. His wife I believe is the marketing manager at Blue, in charge of commercials, brochures, promo flyers, etc... Someone correct me if Im wrong about that, I know she has some capacity in the ticket office area, but Im not positive as to what. His son, Dennis Krell Jr., is one of the managers in our fine rental shop, and I believe does some other thing up there, what I dont know.

kathy is in charge of the office pretty much. sandy harlan(?) is in charge of marketing and pr, etc. dennis didnt like my constructive criticism email i sent him last year, which almost resulted in the revoking of my season pass. now you see my concern...

Sandy is cool :rock She's the one that first approached Dennis Krell Sr. about adding NASTAR :rock after I suggested it to her :yes

from a marketing and pr standpoint, i'd have to say she's a little out of touch. did you not see blue's brochures this year?

"Touch the sky" is such a cool slogan and those brochures....priceless. Kidding. Honestly though, crappy brochure or not, we all skied there this season, so they did something right. Also, I don't really want Blue to get too commercial. That just leads to higher lift ticket prices, crowded trails, longer lift lines, terrible customer service and the apocalypse. Don't agree with me? I'd like to present exhibit A... Camelback Mountain.

Edited by sexkitten

"Touch the sky" is such a cool slogan and those brochures....priceless. Kidding. Honestly though, crappy brochure or not, we all skied there this season, so they did something right. Also, I don't really want Blue to get too commercial. That just leads to higher lift ticket prices, crowded trails, longer lift lines, terrible customer service and the apocalypse. Don't agree with me? I'd like to present exhibit A... Camelback Mountain.

you have a few good points, but i'll ski there regardless of their marketing campaign. i live less than 10 minutes away and get a good deal on a season pass. as a graphic design student, however, i find it appalling that they can pass that brochure off as professional quality. i dont want them to get commercial either. in fact, i pretty much hate the idea of the 6 pack and condos at the bottom lodge. its going to kill the local atmosphere of the place.

if i'm correct, that guy is involved with the race program pretty heavily, and also has a thing for the krells, so personally, i hope he doesnt buy the place. the krells need to get out of there, now. although if he does buy out ray, he won't have complete ownership, so there's still a bright side to it all.

great that will make there ego's even bigger.then they will think they own the mountian. oh well just means if they piss me off enough and im working ill take there pass and say they can pick it up at top shack

Sandy is cool :rock She's the one that first approached Dennis Krell Sr. about adding NASTAR :rock after I suggested it to her :yes

I think she is the same one that said there would be no way that Blue Mountain would link their website to PASR, however I could be mistaken.

exhibit A1...Blue Mountain

:rofl